Hi All,

So I switched from a 9700 to 9780, was unable to use my remote back up to restore contacts, so used a desktop manager and ended up having to re-invite almost all my contacts. But I have no display pictures at all, and I tried to wait it out but its been upwards of a week now. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.
    12-20-10 10:28 AM
    i was using the 294 but dindt work so tried an upgrade. Dont think OS is the problem, ive tried wipes, upgrades, downgrades (not down to OS 5 tho), anyone think an older version of BBM mite solve the problem?
    12-20-10 10:41 AM
    Last time i checked i read it was a problem RIM was having. It's not a software problem. Just be patient until they fix it.
    12-20-10 10:51 AM
    Hi All,

So I switched from a 9700 to 9780, was unable to use my remote back up to restore contacts, so used a desktop manager and ended up having to re-invite almost all my contacts. But I have no display pictures at all, and I tried to wait it out but its been upwards of a week now. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.
    Exact same thing happened to me. They appeared after a week or so.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-10 11:22 AM
    Figured it was just gona b a waiting game..damn it...hope it appears soon. Thanks!

12-20-10 03:24 PM
    Same thing happened to me but they were there the very next day. Just be patient, they'll appear.

12-20-10 04:19 PM
    Same thing happened to me. I resent my service books & restored the backup file & they were all back within a few hours.

12-20-10 04:51 PM
    Same thing happened to me. I resent my service books & restored the backup file & they were all back within a few hours.

After you resent service books and restored the backup file, did you have to re-invite your contacts again?

I'm banging my head trying to figure out how to do a switch device wizard without having to re-invite all the contacts.
    12-21-10 12:45 AM
    if u back up via email, you shouldn't have to reinvite the contacts. When ur on your new device simply restore from your email, and your contacts magically appear...its pretty seamless actually.
    12-21-10 08:32 AM
    if u back up via email, you shouldn't have to reinvite the contacts. When ur on your new device simply restore from your email, and your contacts magically appear...its pretty seamless actually.
    Seems like it is, doesn't it?

I've done this at least 6 or 7 times between mine and my brothers phones (both 9700). Neither of them work and we still have to do a re-invite. However, when I do it with my mom's 9700 it switches over perfectly through a switch device wizard without even having to use the restore.
    12-21-10 11:26 AM
    I had to re-invite...but when I switched from 9000 to 9700 my email back up worked so it was like everything got transferred and didnt have to re-invite. But yea the email back up wasnt working for me so I had to use desktop manager and had to reinvite. Still waiting for the pictures to appear though =( blackberry should work on something to make transferring messenger contacts easier.
    12-21-10 01:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD