Heeeelp! Last night I upgraded to OS 5.0.0.238 on my Bold. I was already using BBM 5.0.0.33. Anyway, long story short, BBM is no longer available on my device. The application is installed according to Options > Advanced > Applications.

If I ask my partner to send me a BBM message, it never even reaches my handset. I don't get the new message icon at any rate.

I've tried reinstalling through Blackberry App World, rebooting, etc.

Any more suggestions before I go back to 4.6?
    10-11-09 05:00 AM
    Heeeelp! Last night I upgraded to OS 5.0.0.238 on my Bold. I was already using BBM 5.0.0.33. Anyway, long story short, BBM is no longer available on my device. The application is installed according to Options > Advanced > Applications.

If I ask my partner to send me a BBM message, it never even reaches my handset. I don't get the new message icon at any rate.

I've tried reinstalling through Blackberry App World, rebooting, etc.

Any more suggestions before I go back to 4.6?
    Did you trying re-registering HRT, then do a pull, as well as resending sevice books?

If that doesnt do it, backup contacts, delete, do a pull (if not prompted) then load this OTA http://www.bbhybrids.net/forum/downl...id=57&act=down
    Last edited by jgutie6634; 10-11-09 at 05:17 AM.
    10-11-09 05:15 AM
    Nope, I didn't do any of that.

But, before I read your post, I went back in to Desktop Manage and did an update. I had 2 copies of Blackberry Messenger installed for some reason. I set them both to "Remove" by combinations of ticking or unticking the boxes, and the device has rebooted, but not come back again. The "Orange" logo is stuck on the screen.

I will try a battery pull and see how things are, then try your suggestions.

Thanks Will let you know what happens.
    10-11-09 05:34 AM
    Remove both instances of bbm and download the newest version from BlackBerry Wallpapers, Ringtones, and More

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-09 06:58 AM
    Yup, after the battery pull and both copies of BBM were gone, I installed a fresh copy and it all seems to be working again. So I'm now at OS5 and everything is as it was. Kinda sad really that the OS is not /so/ different that apart from the new loading screen and improved boot time, I cannot see anything majorly different.

Oh well. Thanks all
    10-11-09 09:55 AM
    Yup, after the battery pull and both copies of BBM were gone, I installed a fresh copy and it all seems to be working again. So I'm now at OS5 and everything is as it was. Kinda sad really that the OS is not /so/ different that apart from the new loading screen and improved boot time, I cannot see anything majorly different.

Oh well. Thanks all
    Glad to hear you got it worked out. Did you go to .238 from .230 or 4.6? There are lots of differences in .238 from 4.6 i.e. flick scroll, threaded SMS, faster browser, faster processing, etc. Granted there are some bugs, but it is a huge improvement over 4.6, just need to get full app support.
    10-11-09 04:30 PM
    Upgraded from 4.6 (.293 IIRC). Yup, I think I will start to see the other benefits over the next few days as I get back into a proper working week. So far, it feels a bit more like the jump from 4.2 to 4.5 on my 8310.
    10-11-09 04:35 PM
    I went from .297 to 5.0.0.xxx on Friday and I can feel so much more speed as I go through the functions. I haven't used the browser much, but there are so many small changes that are more eye pleasing that I'm glad I took the plunge.

When I did the 5 upgrade, my Bold sat at the Orange AT&T screen for sooooo long. A co-worker who is a long time Clackberry junkie walked over to my desk, whipped the back of the Bold and yanked the battery - as I sat there with a look that said "WTF are you doing!" He said that he knew I wouldn't do it if he told me to (for fear of bricking my precious Bold) so he just took the battery by the contacts. Worked like a charm: Bold came back up and the install restored everything perfectly!

Only app that no longer works is QuickPull lite. Hopefully they'll have a version 5 of that app soon.

Totally sold on this leak of version 5
    10-11-09 05:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD