Alright so I updated my OS to the .734. Everything works fine, but I don't want my bbm simply cause I never use it. And my last OS it let me delete it just fine. But now this one won't, just wondering if I could get around it.?? And how.??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-10 11:33 PM
    You should download a small program called Shrink-A-OS. You can find the link as well as instructions [HERE]. With this program, you can remove not only BBM but all kinds of other apps, "features," language files, etc. that hog up memory that you could be putting to better use.
    07-15-10 11:37 PM
    Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!?! You don't use BBM?!?!

LoL. Just kidding.

07-16-10 01:32 AM
    Instead of reloading your os, go to bb app world, download bbm, install, then restart. When your phone is loaded go back to bb app world and scroll to my world, hit the bb key and delete bbm. Restart your phone and it will be gone.

07-16-10 05:49 AM
    Or, if you don't want to use bloody AppWorld, use this OTA link:
    BBM5.0.0.57 OTA

That will move it from Core to Add-on, where it can easily be deleted.

Whether you like the CrackBerry word filter or not,
    If everyone could please go here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f36/fil...estion-494256/
    and submit their vote, I'd greatly appreciate it PTTP!
    07-16-10 05:56 AM
    You can run Apploader and just uncheck it.
    07-16-10 06:52 AM
    It's not always optional. I know when I loaded 732 on my Tour, BBM was not an "uncheckable" app. You had to edit a system file on the PC to make it optional.
    07-16-10 07:10 AM
    You should download a small program called Shrink-A-OS. You can find the link as well as instructions [HERE]. With this program, you can remove not only BBM but all kinds of other apps, "features," language files, etc. that hog up memory that you could be putting to better use.
    well BBM is the only thing i wanted to get rid of, the rest i already had. so thanks though.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!?! You don't use BBM?!?!

LoL. Just kidding.

i use too, but not alot of people i know dont have blackberry's and also the people that i did talkk to on there, well that convo didnt last long. so i find it pointless now. haha

Instead of reloading your os, go to bb app world, download bbm, install, then restart. When your phone is loaded go back to bb app world and scroll to my world, hit the bb key and delete bbm. Restart your phone and it will be gone.

i took your advice. haha. thanks. . .

[QUOTE=BigBadWulf;5353318]Or, if you don't want to use bloody AppWorld, use this OTA link:
    BBM5.0.0.57 OTA

That will move it from Core to Add-on, where it can easily be deleted.

hmm...i thought about it, but i was in a rush and did what i remembered from here, thanks anyway maybe next time.

It's not always optional. I know when I loaded 732 on my Tour, BBM was not an "uncheckable" app. You had to edit a system file on the PC to make it optional.
    yepp it was the same for mine. didn't wanna take the time. . .hehe

Thanks Everyone.!(:
    07-16-10 10:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD