Hi i have a 9800 that was on the Voda network, just had it unlocked and now want to use it on 3UK Pay As You Go, 3UK told me i need to send a text message "START to 38001" to activate the BBI service, have been on the phone to 3UK and dont seem to be getting anywhere, they have left it at i need to buy a new 3UK Sim Card with BB provisions on it and transfer my number over to the new sim and should work.

Does this sound correct?

I know the 9800 is available from 3UK for 495.

Any advice?

Thanks In Advance,
    11-14-10 12:32 PM
    Have you tried a hard reset since texting START?

Also in the top right hand corner next to the signal have you got GPRS EDGE or 3G with 4 dots next to it? If you have gprs edge or 3g with no dots then your BBI service is not active yet.

Try a hard reset and see what happens.
    11-14-10 12:37 PM
    Hi thanks for the reply, i have 3G service but no dot's, i have done a reboot and also resent the text message.

Could it be the IMEI and PIN are not 3UK so 3UK will not work on the phone?

How do i hard reset the phone and will i loose all date ect....

11-14-10 12:49 PM
    if you have no dots then the BB service is not active yet.

Did 3 tell you how long this would take?
    11-14-10 01:06 PM
    Straight away
    11-14-10 01:18 PM
    If you switch from 3G to 2G, do you see EDGE in upper case? Does your data work in EDGE?
    11-14-10 01:32 PM
    Hi i get GSM + gprs, could it be because the imei and pin is already registered with blackberry on vodafone?
    11-14-10 02:54 PM
    more than likely... I thoght RIM had control of who connects to BIS using those two controls..
    11-14-10 03:50 PM
    Hi i get GSM + gprs, could it be because the imei and pin is already registered with blackberry on vodafone?
    Did you contact Vodafone to release the PIN since you have a new carrier?
    11-14-10 11:36 PM
    Hi thanks for all the info but got to the bottom of it, you no longer have to get the pin released, as lomg as the imei or pin is not blacklisted it will work.

The problem was my sim was to old and did not support BB, picked up a new sim had my number transfered and work first time :-)

11-15-10 04:04 PM