i just unlocked my 8350i to use with my boost account. everything works ok, except i cant use Y! im (i get a message "service not enabled for this handheld," I cant use my BBM (its there, but when i send a request or someone sends me a request, nothing happens), and i cannot use the facebook app (can not find server message).

I did some research before i posted here. I believe that i need the BBFS2 [YHO] service book in my list, but its not there. so, i went to a forum and i read a post that was simular to my problem. i followed the directions that were given (which was to load the service books). Then i went to Y! im and started it. this time i got a different error.

can anyone help me?
    10-25-10 12:51 PM
    Was the device released from Sprint (I'm only assuming sprint) and then registered with boost?

Seems like you don't have the proper service books as mentioned.

The pin needs to be released, and then added to boost for these services to work properly.

I'd call the original carrier and have them release it, then just register it on your boost BIS account.

That should fix the issue

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-10 02:09 PM
    BBM and Yahoo Messenger will not work without a Blackberry data plan which Boost Mobile IDEN does not offer. You can install a 3rd party app like Nimbuzz which allows you to connect to several IM apps including Yahoo Messenger.
    10-25-10 02:11 PM
    is there a way to add these service books without going through all of this?
    10-25-10 02:41 PM
    Any service books you add that need BIS, Blackberry Internet Services, will not work.
    10-25-10 05:09 PM
    I stand corrected, I didn't know IDEN killed the basic bis apps like facebook and yahoo.

An no, even if you add the service books the programs will not work.

10-25-10 05:13 PM
    Facebook ver 1.6 works on the 8350i on Boost Mobile because it does not require BIS. Search for it on Crackberry to download and install.
    10-25-10 05:23 PM
    I'm so confused I have a boostberry and use all those apps

11-04-10 12:52 AM
    @TheChaser you have a Boost branded phone though right? Meaning you actually got a phone that was designed to work on Boost. The OP is using a Sprint (IDEN) phone on Boost. Of course there's going to be issues when you have a phone that wasn't designed for the network it's being used on.

11-04-10 07:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD