How do i go about removing all the uneccessary crap that came with my Torch. In order to do it through apploader i need to have the os on my pc.. so can't do it that way.
    08-16-10 09:09 AM
    You can download the official AT&T Torch 9800 OS. I got it from BlackBerry.com yesterday.

You can also go to application management on the device and delete anything you don't want (just use universal search).
    08-16-10 09:33 AM
    Duhhh.. I guess I should have checked. Thanks
    08-16-10 10:41 AM
    I deleted social feeds. I wasn't a fan of having everything in one feed. Just seemed to much of a clusterf*#@! Personal preference.
    08-16-10 11:57 AM
    I just turned Social Feeds off. It seems to make the Torch lag from time to time...
    08-16-10 12:17 PM
    Is there a way to get rid of the "Getting Started" in the Social Feeds? Also if you turn off the Social Feeds can you still use "Google Talk"?
    08-16-10 12:30 PM
    How do you turn Social Feeds off? I went in and manually unchecked everything so Facebook and Twitter (what I use, the rest I don't use) would update through those apps then went in and made sure the individual apps updated.
    Social Feeds is a little stupid. As in the app itself is stupid. I liked it in theory but in practice it didn't function well.
    I may grab the OS, too, so I can dump some of the other bloatware I won't use. ESPN mobile and Fandango I will use but the rest is a waste for me.
    08-16-10 01:43 PM
    How do you turn Social Feeds off? I went in and manually unchecked everything so Facebook and Twitter (what I use, the rest I don't use) would update through those apps then went in and made sure the individual apps updated.
    Social Feeds is a little stupid. As in the app itself is stupid. I liked it in theory but in practice it didn't function well.
    I may grab the OS, too, so I can dump some of the other bloatware I won't use. ESPN mobile and Fandango I will use but the rest is a waste for me.
    How the **** do you remove ESPN and Fandango and CNN and Bloomberg and TWC...... I tried through the apploader and they don't show up.
    08-16-10 02:28 PM
    ...just hide the icons. If you remove them, AT&T will re-push them to you.

How the **** do you remove ESPN and Fandango and CNN and Bloomberg and TWC...... I tried through the apploader and they don't show up.
    08-16-10 02:35 PM
    ...having all the items unchecked should suffice.

08-16-10 02:48 PM
    Google Talk should work fine. Same as Twitter, Facebook, etc, etc...

If you think about it, Social Feeds, is just a 'grouped' path where X items show in one place. All the items that feed to it, have seperate apps\login credentials, etc, etc...

To delete Getting Started, you should be able to go to it's location, menu \ delete. That's how I deleted the default rss feeds that were in there.

Is there a way to get rid of the "Getting Started" in the Social Feeds? Also if you turn off the Social Feeds can you still use "Google Talk"?
    08-16-10 02:51 PM
    What you see are short cuts to download the app. If you click on them it takes you to the download screen. If you download them you will then see them in the applications folder, then you can delete them.

Since they are just short cuts I chose to hide them and not install and remove them. Who knows
    08-16-10 03:27 PM
    What you see are short cuts to download the app. If you click on them it takes you to the download screen. If you download them you will then see them in the applications folder, then you can delete them.

Since they are just short cuts I chose to hide them and not install and remove them. Who knows
    i'm not sure it works that way.

i tried downloading CNN to remove it. once i rebooted, the CNN icon was pushed again.
    08-16-10 03:56 PM
    Thank you for your help.
    08-16-10 03:58 PM

OK its not a permanent removal but definitely works until u do a battery pull or reboot your phone basically. I used to do it with all my Blackberrys that I've had....so here it is for all my Torchers...lol:

1. Go to Options, then click on Device.
    2. In the Device window your then gonna scroll down to Advance System Settings.
    3. Your then going to go into the Service Books and delete the following: YPmobile VPL; Where VPL; TWC VPL; TeleNav VPL; CNN VPL; AppCentre VPL; vTap VPL; mobiTV VPL; Bloomberg VPL; Fandango VPL; Pictavision VPL; Sonic VPL; SlackerRadio VPL; Bewjeweled VPL; MobileBanking VPL; ATTmusic VPL; PrimeTime2go VPL and ESPN VPL.....those are if I'm not mistaken all the extra sh** this phone comes with so keep what u want or delete them all until u reboot ur phone..

***I ALWAYS AFTER DOING THIS HIT A L T+LGLG refresh then delete that log, then do a quick memory cleaner, makes phone a bit quicker***

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-10 04:19 PM
    If you remove the service books for those programs, your BIS will push it back to you. Better just to hide them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-10 05:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD