I do not use BBM and would like to know how to uninstall the app from my phone. When I had OS 4.6, it was no problem. Now I have updated to 5.0, and the app is designated as 'core' and I need help. I was told to ask how to delete .cod files.

Thank you,

Brett
    01-15-12 08:08 PM
    I do not use BBM and would like to know how to uninstall the app from my phone. When I had OS 4.6, it was no problem. Now I have updated to 5.0, and the app is designated as 'core' and I need help. I was told to ask how to delete .cod files.

Thank you,

Brett
    You can remove the cod from the Java folder if you want to "shrink" it out. Been a while since I've used OS5, are you saying there's no option to delete or that the fact that it's part of the core apps (which it always has been) is giving you pause?
    01-15-12 08:32 PM
    My pause is that there is no option to delete; either on my phone in the apps list or in the apps list on the Desktop Software. I guess that I now have to ask the question, How do I access the Java folder, and how do I know which .cod files to remove once I get there (of course I am a computer novice and am unfamiliar with this extension)?

Thank you for your response.

Brett
    01-15-12 08:53 PM
    01-15-12 08:57 PM
    My pause is that there is no option to delete; either on my phone in the apps list or in the apps list on the Desktop Software. I guess that I now have to ask the question, How do I access the Java folder, and how do I know which .cod files to remove once I get there (of course I am a computer novice and am unfamiliar with this extension)?

Thank you for your response.

Brett
    It's easier with a utility - try BB Boss or BBH Tool and they have an option to shrink BBM (and other default apps) from your OS folder on your PC; afterwards run the loader to load the shrunk (altered) OS. BBH Tool can launch the loader for you, I would expect that BB Boss can as well although I can't say having never used it.
    01-15-12 09:00 PM
    Alright, I've gotta go now, but will check them out. Which utility is the newer one, or do they have 2 different purposes? Since I'm using 5.0, I'm thinking I should use the older utility if they have the same functions.

Brett
    01-15-12 09:04 PM
    I will definitely give this a read. I just glanced at it and already got a tip that BB Tech Support neglected to tell me when I was on with them.

Thanks for your response.

Brett
    01-15-12 09:10 PM
    Alright, I've gotta go now, but will check them out. Which utility is the newer one, or do they have 2 different purposes? Since I'm using 5.0, I'm thinking I should use the older utility if they have the same functions.

Brett
    They do the same thing for the most part. BBH Tool has technically been around longer starting with OS 5 while BB Boss started with OS 6 and added functionality for OS 5. I used to use BBH Tool with my Storm 2 back when it was known as Shrink-A-OS; the name-change came about due to increased functionality itself.
    01-15-12 09:17 PM
    BBM is not a 'core' file, but an 'add-on' and is easily deleted. "Options>Applications>" and look thru the add-on dropdown for BBM, use the menu key and select delete. Or u could also use the desktop manager to uninstall it.
    04-09-12 01:32 AM
    Easiest way is.. to install any version of BBM, do a reboot (battery pull), and then you can go back to the Application folder and delete the app just like you would normally do.. Done and done.. No need to mess around with the cods file and such.
    04-09-12 06:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD