09-13-10 10:02 AM
42 12
tools
    But does this not just delay the issues until it fills up again? How often does it purge?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-10 11:21 PM
    But does this not just delay the issues until it fills up again? How often does it purge?

umm i never had this memory issue before it all started after i installed whatapp. I think that app uses device memory to save the voice notes. Hence, whenever someone sent me voice note on bbm i get an error.

may be because whenever some one sends me a voice note? it goes to my internal memory?

and also same thing was happening with pictures. I did not receive pictures as well .. but now i guess everything seems to be fixed.

btw..... a question.. cant we save all these voicenotes on memory card.. is there a option somewhere?
    09-12-10 11:24 PM
    Media>Menu>Options, scroll down and see if you're set to save to media card.

09-12-10 11:28 PM
    Media>Menu>Options, scroll down and see if you're set to save to media card.

i dont see that option?
    all i get is the option for device memory limit
    09-12-10 11:30 PM
    Question: Do you have the DriveSafe.ly app installed?

09-12-10 11:32 PM
    The voivcenotes you send automatically save to your media card, the ones you receive don't save anywhere, unless you save them. Then they go to the media card. Otherwise they're just cached. If you send a lot of voicenotes, it's a good idea to purge them at least once a week. I cleared over 1,200 the other day.
    09-12-10 11:32 PM
    Question: Do you have the DriveSafe.ly app installed?

nope.. dont even know what that is..

The voivcenotes you send automatically save to your media card, the ones you receive don't save anywhere, unless you save them. Then they go to the media card. Otherwise they're just cached. If you send a lot of voicenotes, it's a good idea to purge them at least once a week. I cleared over 1,200 the other day.
    sorry if i sound like a stupid but how do you purge them :$?
    09-12-10 11:34 PM
    Ah ha! There is the answer I was looking for. The purge must be done manually or the OP will see this again!

Thanks bbw!

09-12-10 11:34 PM
    The device memory limit is what BK is refering too.

Easiest way to purge them is to hook your phone to the PC, enable mass storage so you can explore the media card. BlackBerry->Voicenotes, you'll see a lot that are just #'s and letters. Unless you have one you need to save, just highlight them all and right click delete.
    09-12-10 11:38 PM
    Home/blackberry/voicenotes is where I think they will be as seen in the file explorer...

09-12-10 11:38 PM
    I did it one my ohone, using File Manager Pro, and it looked like this:
    09-12-10 11:40 PM
    ahh great ! thanks guys ! i shall keep this all in my mind .. i just cleared over 200 items! but a quesiton... mite be a silly one (again) ..

if all this is saved on memory card.. how can it affect bbm??
    09-12-10 11:52 PM
    Nah! Whatsapp was your problem. The media card would be an issue if it became completely full. Then it couldn't save your voicenote to send it, and you'd get a message telling you that.
    09-12-10 11:55 PM
    yes i also think whatapp was the real issue here ! ..

btw while we are on it.

hows whatapp on battery? i had it installed but removed it after all this issue. I was actually planning to purchase it as well.

Your take on it?

sorry to drift away from the topic
    09-12-10 11:57 PM
    I thought the thread topic was OS 714

I've never had whatsapp to say. I think I talk enough without it. Nor am I a good one to ask about battery life. I can burn through a battery in 5-6 hours easy. Never cared for the topic. Just keep "charging" forward.
    09-13-10 12:03 AM
    I thought the thread topic was OS 714

I've never had whatsapp to say. I think I talk enough without it. Nor am I a good one to ask about battery life. I can burn through a battery in 5-6 hours easy. Never cared for the topic. Just keep "charging" forward.
    I am in on the same boat as Wulf, never used that app but if you become a power house user like us. Charging your Blackberry every 5 hours or so will be the norm, I have actually killed my battery in less then 3 hours plenty of times and still do it.

Thnx, Tripster

09-13-10 12:21 AM
    OS4.0 is the best !!! infact i will downgrade it to OS1.0 so my phone i faster than ALL of you here

jokes apart

thank you for your help ! and now my blackberry life is back i can actually send and receive voice note s/ pictures
    09-13-10 10:02 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD