I recently upgraded to 7.1 on my 9930. I had downloaded the new eBay 2.0 app which won't run unless you download BBM (old news). That irked me a couple of months ago when they rolled this thing out. I'm now to the point where I'm fed up with useless apps such as the eBay app, and I have no BBM friends because I'm the last person out of my 153 contacts that even uses a Blackberry.. so I want BBM gone as well. Apparently not only are apps unable to run unless BBM is installed, but now BBM is unable to delete from my device after the 7.1 upgrade. I've never encountered a problem with deleting BBM before.

So basically I'm forced to have a useless app on my device, correct? I'm very much aware that I can hide it, but it's the principal of the matter, as petty as it is. I have been a solid Blackberry user since 2008, and I find myself growing more fed up with each passing day. Who is making these business decisions?

The only thing I use my device for is making calls, text messages, e-mail, Facebook, Twitter and occasional internet. I can't stream on Youtube with it because it always gives an error. I can't access my Google+ account properly (not to mention no app or response from RIM why there isn't an app). None of the games my friends play together are available for Blackberry. I'm about over it.

So does anyone know if there is anyway to rid of BBM completely?
    12-27-11 07:34 PM
    i was trying to find a thread about this for you but if you go to appworld and download the latest version of bbm you should be able to delete the app after that.At least that is how it worked in the past.
    12-27-11 09:45 PM
    i was trying to find a thread about this for you but if you go to appworld and download the latest version of bbm you should be able to delete the app after that.At least that is how it worked in the past.
    Yeah... can't do it that way anymore. App world now has the same version. Ick!
    12-27-11 10:46 PM
    Yeah... can't do it that way anymore. App world now has the same version. Ick!
    Join Blackberry beta zone. The BBM version there is usually different from what is on app world and after you download it you should be able to delete it.
    12-28-11 12:50 AM
    New plan.First if you have an OS loaded on your PC move the entire folder somewhere else.Hook up to desktop manager after that,otherwise when you connect it will inadvertenly load more crap on your BB when you do this.Click on applications button,wait for it to load then remove BBM from there,battery pull,done.

edit:scratch that I just tried it,apparently BBM dosen't show up there now for removal.

pcgizmo can you explain how to do this for them?my next try was going to be suggesting BBSAK .cod removal's?then I'm out of options. LOL
    Last edited by SevendustG; 12-28-11 at 08:22 AM.
    12-28-11 07:54 AM
    New plan.First if you have an OS loaded on your PC move the entire folder somewhere else.Hook up to desktop manager after that,otherwise when you connect it will inadvertenly load more crap on your BB when you do this.Click on applications button,wait for it to load then remove BBM from there,battery pull,done.
    I don't know if that method works, but I do know you can also edit the BlackBerryMessenger alx file and make BBM optional, and uninstall using DM or apploader.
    12-28-11 08:06 AM
    Download and install BBSAK.
    Delete all the .cod files of bbm by connecting your device to a pc.
    12-28-11 08:46 AM
    I was able to delete by going to options - device - application management and deleting from there.

Sent from my Big Red BlackBerry 9930
    12-28-11 08:59 AM
    I was able to delete by going to options - device - application management and deleting from there.

Sent from my Big Red BlackBerry 9930
    Are you on 7.1?
    12-28-11 11:11 AM
    .. Just delete the blackberry MESSENGER cods from the loader folder in program files (program files (86X) if you are on win7).. The DM will then prompt you to update.. Back up your device and let it update.. You'll automatically loose your blackberry MESSENGER.. But remember, not to connect to the internet while doing it..

Another way around it is to have a folder of blackberry MESSENGER App.. Import using the DM.. After that the DM will say that it is already installed.. You will be given the option to Uninstall it by clicking the "X"..

CMIIW...

BlackBerry 9930 on Tapatalk
    12-28-11 11:44 AM
    hey i don't know if the OP resolved his problem or not, but this may help him or anyone else who has this problem. as someone above mentioned, use BBSAK to remove the CODs. it's pretty easy. you go to BBSAK and you "read system" and then highlight all the BBM CODs. if you're unfamiliar with them, the version will be a dead give away. i sorted my list by version 6.1.0.37 and then removed all of them. done and done.

your phone will reboot without BBM. i wanted to do this so i could install the official version as i was having problems with the BBM beta. i too could not remove it any other way, but BBSAK saved the day (yet again). i then went to app world and was able to install 6.1.0.32 like i wanted to originally. the reason for doing so was because some of my apps are BBM connected and i had other BBM compatibility issues with third party apps so decided to go the official route with 7.1.

hope this helps anyone else out who has come to this thread. cheers.
    01-03-12 07:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD