My messages to 1 particular BBM contact stared getting lost this weekend - i.e they had a tick by the message from my 9900 showing they had been sent, but were never delivered.

I spoke to my contact in Spain ( i'm in UK) and he told he he'd been able to send and receive other BBM messages from other people, as have I.

We have since both deleted each other, and then tried to re add each other ( just says "pending waiting for authorisation" )

Both taken batteries out, and every other function of my BB is working,

Any ideas what this issue could be about?

Wayn0
    02-22-12 12:00 AM
    Can you still manage to get messages through using another service, liek whatsapp?
    02-22-12 02:40 AM
    I dont have/use whatsapp on my BB anymore - deleted it to use on my iphone. I only use the BB for email and BBM..
    02-22-12 03:19 AM
    any ideas anyone?
    02-22-12 09:03 AM
    Did you look under the native apps forum for help with a native app?
    02-22-12 09:16 AM
    I've had that issue a couple times. It's taken over a week of deleting and readding to get it worked out before. I couldn't begin to nail down a perfect solution. Just keep both removing yourselves and trying again. Eventually the RIM servers will cooperate.

Very frustrating problem when it occurs. Are you both members of a group? One thing that may help is creating one, just to get the two of you connected again. Silly, but it may work.
    02-22-12 12:34 PM
    Thanks big bad. It is frustrating, Will try creating a group and adding him. In the meantime we'll both persevere !
    02-22-12 02:08 PM
    I'm having a similar issue. Someone invited me last night, but I don't know who and can't accept them. It remains at 'pending; waiting authorisation'. I know its someone who knows me, because my details aren't shared with the public, but I don't know who exactly so can't contact them back... Could this be an international based problem? I tried PIN'ing the pin number but it wouldn't send.
    06-04-12 05:11 AM
    Do both you and the other person have an active BLACKBERRY Data Plan.

And are you sure it's not a random SPAM request. Even if your details aren't shared with the public, you can get random messages.
    06-04-12 07:15 AM
    I have the vodafone and blackberry data plan, had it for years. Got a bold 9870, working fine in every aspect. Just this one invitatio came through displaying a PIN and saying Pending (waiting for authorization).

No option to accept it. When trying to send a PIN message to that PIN number it fails instantly.

Could that be spam? I wasn't aware bbm got spam.
    Last edited by Mellfee; 06-04-12 at 01:27 PM.
    06-04-12 09:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD