02-18-11 12:14 PM
26 12
tools
    Is anyone having any problems with ubertwitter connecting to facebook in v1.114?

My Version 9700/5.0.0.979

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-11 07:35 PM
    I tried to log in through options and all I get is a page that says "success". But then I am not sent back to ubertwitter?

Has anyone else experienced this?

01-14-11 08:00 PM
    Interesting. I use Chat On Facebook by SmarterApps, and it was working fine until a couple days ago. I would log in and get a white screen with the word "Success" in the corner. The next day I got an email from SmarterApps stating "A problem was introduced in the past 24 hours with the login system for Chat on Facebook." They advised downloading an update to their software.
    01-14-11 08:52 PM
    Interesting. I use Chat On Facebook by SmarterApps, and it was working fine until a couple days ago. I would log in and get a white screen with the word "Success" in the corner. The next day I got an email from SmarterApps stating "A problem was introduced in the past 24 hours with the login system for Chat on Facebook." They advised downloading an update to their software.
    That is very interesting; unfortunately, UberTwitter doesn't have an update above what I currently run.
    01-14-11 11:39 PM
    I tried to log in through options and all I get is a page that says "success". But then I am not sent back to ubertwitter?
    On my Storm2, I get the same "Success" screen. When I hit the escape key, it takes me back to UberTwitter and it is logged into Facebook and lets me post to Facebook.

*Edit* I just tried it again and it worked with no problems.
    01-15-11 11:56 AM
    What I found interesting was two software packages with the same issues. Just to be safe, I changed my password.

01-15-11 12:27 PM
    I also tried to link my UT to Facebook just a few minutes ago and same thing, a success screen but not anything else. Grrrr.

01-15-11 07:02 PM
    Send them an email using the feedback button. Other than that try clearing the cache reinstalling the app. Hope it works I love this feature on UT!

01-15-11 08:22 PM
    Still no dice, now just to wait for UT to respond. It appears UT is going through some transition and maybe this is not priority right now?

01-15-11 09:20 PM
    Update your 9700 to 6.0 its great plus UT v1.114 works good on 6.0

01-15-11 11:00 PM
    That may work for some, but I have no desire to upgrade to 6.0. Just no incentive for me.

Also, UT worked perfectly, then sometime last week it just "stopped".

01-15-11 11:26 PM
    Social scope, T4BB, seesmic, tweetcaster?? IDK what else to suggest.

Android or iPhone maybe? haha don't get offended!
    01-15-11 11:46 PM
    I am UT all the way.

And those others don't have cookies.

01-15-11 11:56 PM
    Me too i bought the UT after coming out of BETA and it has been awesome. Not to mention NO MORE ADS!!!
    01-15-11 11:59 PM
    Is that the only incentive, no ads?

01-16-11 12:00 AM
    I think so. it was the only thing i didnt like on it. Plus its only $4.99
    01-16-11 12:22 AM
    That is a lot of cash money for an app.

01-16-11 04:48 PM
    You think so? I dont since i use it all the time more so than SMS! I also have purchased tether which i dont use much but its there just in case which has come in handy in some sticky situations! (i dont live in the city i live out in the sticks)
    01-16-11 10:10 PM
    I am also having problems with UT not connecting with facebook..so I'm back on Socialscope now
    01-16-11 11:02 PM
    I have been having this problem for about a week now, I have seen tweets asking ubertwitter about this issue, but they haven't responded
    01-19-11 06:26 PM
    They responded to my email and this is a copy and paste:

Hi there,

We do apologize to anyone having issues with the "send to Fb" feature. We've received many reports of this same issue and are working on a fix for this as we speak. Facebook just upgraded their authentication mechanism, so we're thinking that is what's causing the problem. Don't worry, as soon as we find a fix for this, better believe we'll be sending it out as soon as we can.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

~Matt

01-19-11 06:29 PM
    I haven't experienced any issues at all

01-20-11 08:29 AM
    having same issue since last night when i did a wipe/install of os6 .431 (but i rarely post to fb and twitter from there, so I wouldn't know if there was an issue before that)
    Last edited by xACiD; 01-23-11 at 07:32 PM.
    01-23-11 07:29 PM
    They responded to my email and this is a copy and paste:

Hi there,

We do apologize to anyone having issues with the "send to Fb" feature. We've received many reports of this same issue and are working on a fix for this as we speak. Facebook just upgraded their authentication mechanism, so we're thinking that is what's causing the problem. Don't worry, as soon as we find a fix for this, better believe we'll be sending it out as soon as we can.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

~Matt

thanks for the pasting. i am experiencing this too, not a single tweet goes thru' to connect to facebook post. but UT is still best IMO, i have been switching back n forth between UT and RIM Twitter but always come back to UT.
    01-26-11 01:52 AM
    How do you guys connect UT to update the facebook? You don't need to install the twitter2facebook app rite?
    02-16-11 12:51 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD