08-02-10 12:24 AM
33 12
tools
    The authorities were able to trace the organiser, known as Saud, because he included his BlackBerry PIN in a BBM message he sent calling for the protest. They held Saud for a week and used his phone to trace those he had been messaging. Accused of inciting opposition to the government, he has lost his job. At least five other members of the group have reportedly been summoned by the police or are still being sought.
    Reporters Sans Frontières - Wave of arrests of BlackBerry Messenger users

07-29-10 09:46 AM
    Is this any surprise? This story ties right in with the one from earlier in the week about the UAE wanting access into the backend of the BB platform to snoop on people.
    07-29-10 10:41 AM
    Figures......
    07-29-10 02:14 PM
    That's sad....
    07-29-10 02:16 PM
    Getting your self put in jail ???/

Yea Blackberry has an app for that.
    07-29-10 02:16 PM
    All your BBM are belong to us...

Time to start working on my microSD card holder for carrier pigeons.
    07-29-10 02:53 PM
    Yea all that security isn't always a good thing I guess
    07-29-10 11:38 PM
    Yea all that security isn't always a good thing I guess
    Yep, it's a bit like car thieves not being able to steal modern cars so they just put the gun to your head and take your keys.

This can swing both ways tho, if they find a way to monitor emails and bbm the potential for somebody else to hack into their own communications arises.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-10 04:31 AM
    Yea, try that in America...
    07-30-10 08:27 AM
    the things we enjoy in the US..
    which we take for granted..... ALWAYS.
    and yet.. we whine, we complain and we blame!
    07-30-10 09:09 AM
    Well I enjoy them but I don't believe for a second that my privacy is that secure either.
    07-30-10 12:11 PM
    the things we enjoy in the US..
    which we take for granted..... ALWAYS.
    and yet.. we whine, we complain and we blame!
    Lol. These guys are just more up front about it. If you honestly don't think big brother knows your every move, you are seriously mistaken. You may be doing nothing wrong, and you may be no one of any type of importance, but they keep tabs on you.
    07-30-10 12:16 PM
    Who flippin cares about big brother... I can't stand people that are like "I leave my gps off b/c I don't want big brother to know where I'm at 24/7"... Its like dude, just b/c they can have record of it doesn't mean they look at it or sit behind a computer knowing your every move... And even if they did, what difference does it make? How should that affect you in any way?
    07-30-10 12:26 PM
    That's beyond the point of what he's saying. All he's saying is to not be naive in
    your thinking that your privacy here is really secure. He pointed out already the
    "might not be important" part.
    07-30-10 12:33 PM
    Who flippin cares about big brother... I can't stand people that are like "I leave my gps off b/c I don't want big brother to know where I'm at 24/7"... Its like dude, just b/c they can have record of it doesn't mean they look at it or sit behind a computer knowing your every move... And even if they did, what difference does it make? How should that affect you in any way?
    And you totally took what I said out of context. Thank you very much.
    07-30-10 12:36 PM
    That's beyond the point of what he's saying. All he's saying is to not be naive in
    your thinking that your privacy here is really secure. He pointed out already the
    "might not be important" part.
    Thank you. Exactly my point.
    07-30-10 12:36 PM
    And you totally took what I said out of context. Thank you very much.
    Sorry, I wasn't quoting you! Just the fact that you mentioned big brother sparked that response from me. I didn't think you were one of those people I was talking aboot lol.
    07-30-10 01:33 PM
    Sorry, I wasn't quoting you! Just the fact that you mentioned big brother sparked that response from me. I didn't think you were one of those people I was talking aboot lol.
    Hey don't worry about. I'm the guy on the sidewalk holding a sign that says "The End Is Near".
    07-30-10 06:24 PM
    Lol. These guys are just more up front about it. If you honestly don't think big brother knows your every move, you are seriously mistaken. You may be doing nothing wrong, and you may be no one of any type of importance, but they keep tabs on you.
    i'm actually " WITH" those who keep tabs on people.. Now, i'm not claiming we're doing a GOOD job on it.. i'm just saying there are tabs
    07-31-10 02:22 AM
    i'm actually " WITH" those who keep tabs on people.. Now, i'm not claiming we're doing a GOOD job on it.. i'm just saying there are tabs
    +1 here.....The fact is...the freedom in this country we all enjoy, is the very freedom that enables freaks, from within or walk in, and harm us. (9/11-Oklahoma City)
    I'm not sure "big brother" really cares what you're doing as long as it's not harmful to others or National Security.
    With all the ppl in the country, and North America, I think it's a little arrogant to think you (generalizing) are important enough to warrant watching. Unless you're a KGB spy
    07-31-10 09:02 AM
    See, it is all too real. Just try not to watch me too much, but I understand if you have to, I put on a good show.
    07-31-10 12:23 PM
    What do you do
    07-31-10 12:27 PM
    What do you do
    obviously, he's a "peeping tom"
    07-31-10 01:12 PM
    Yea but jobs have names like mine. I'm a 35N.
    07-31-10 01:32 PM
    Keeping this on topic and having relatives in said country, I can only say that the initial motive is for the good. In all honesty it is actually better for everyone in that country if the Emirates were given the possibility to operate a local BlackBerry network center. This particular case maybe went a bit to the extremes and whether gasoline prices are high or not, just take a look at other countries when it comes to treating protesters. Only pointing out that Arab countries are not that bad. Also, I paid Iraq a visit last month and I can say that much of what you see in the media is a bit exaggerated and overestimated.

I say move on; it is a Muslim country after all and most citizens are likely to accept this. Compare this to the fact that only few were against blocking Facebook in Pakistan.

To all Muslims reading this, Insha'Allah Khayr.
    Last edited by HotGeekness; 07-31-10 at 02:06 PM.
    07-31-10 02:04 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD