As it says really. I understand that the Gmail API doesn't do two way transactions properly ie if you delete from within Gmail it doesn't send the delete instruction to the Blackberry but deleting from the BB does send that to Gmail.

Is there an internet email account system that will work with BB? I'd like to just delete an email on whichever system I'm using at the time: web, thunderbird or BB and have it replicate across all?

TIA
    03-28-12 03:35 PM
    I was frustrated like you for a long while, except it was when it came to the calendar syncing with my phone. I even downloaded the google sync, hoping it would help, it did, except it would replicate things so finally one day I deleted google sync, figured I would just check my calendar as needed. Keep in mind I had the e-mail account set to sync with e-mail deletes and calendar activity, I had forgotten I left it set up just through my e-mail set up window. Lo and Behold it seemed to automatically sync my calendar perfectly, whatever I did on my desktop would sync to my phone calendar within a minute. As for the e-mail, when I delete from my phone it almost automatically does it to my gmail account. Now if it's the other way around, it wont be instant, but will happen. Here is the kicker, what I did for it to actually be seamless? I have no clue, but I know after a day or so's patience, it seemed to work itself out. I dont know if this helps, but my suggestion is to stay patient, I have a 9780 and like i said, calendar actions are almost instant, as for desktop to handset email deletes, they take just a short time to sync up. although drafts and sent items seem to show up extremely fast, it could be a sort of security thing to make deletes actually take some time incase its a mistake? either way hope this helps, if not I apologize for wasting your time
    martint235 likes this.
    03-28-12 04:02 PM
    Thanks for the quick response. I would never count any response as wasting my time.

My calendar is fine (I've never had the duplicates thing although I've heard it can be an issue). My device to web delete has also been ok, I'm not expecting instantaneous but from what you say I just need to be that little bit more patient for the other way round ie web Gmail to handset delete? Is this the case? If I just leave my BB, and I'm not particularly bothered for how long (although less than 2 hours would be good) so long as I only have to delete it the once?
    03-28-12 04:16 PM
    I would have a little more patience, I will do this, I am about to delete a handfull of e-mails and stuff from this morning, I will do it right now at 4:30 Fort Worth, Texas, central standard time. I check my phone at 5 and post another response to see if what I delete on my gmail account, transfers to my handset. this is just to get a ballpark of the time frame you might look at.
    03-28-12 04:32 PM
    sorry to respond 10 minutes late, but sometime between the time I deleted at what was actually 4:35 and right now, the e-mails I deleted from my gmail, had deleted on my BB. now I deleted some random groupon e-mails, response e-mails, and new e-mails to see if it made a difference, all deleted though. so for me within 40 minutes they deleted.
    03-28-12 05:10 PM
    Nope I've tried it now. I deleted emails at home at 7.15am, it's now 9am and the emails are still on my BB. The settings are set to sync deleted items and it does as I said work BB -> Web but not Web->BB.
    03-29-12 03:05 AM
    I wish I had a fix then buddy. Good luck though, I know there is always the gmail app, but if you're like me, I need it through my device.
    03-29-12 09:25 AM
    I wish I had a fix then buddy. Good luck though, I know there is always the gmail app, but if you're like me, I need it through my device.
    Cheers. I'll keep playing about. I was talking to someone who works for an email aggregator site yesterday and he said that things would almost certainly change this year regarding the interactivity of webmail and devices but will have to wait and see.
    03-30-12 08:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD