Hey all,

So I just upgraded to the new OS. Once the upgrade was finished, everything appeared fine. I restarted my BB and now I can't access my BBM at all. When I click the icon, all that appears is my name, with no user list below it. I can still receive BBMs, but I have to go to the Messages folder to read and reply to it. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Another issue is now I only have the choice of about 10 sounds/ringtones for every single messenger service. It's defaulted to making all three of my different e-mail accounts, and my BBM the same sound! Can I download some kind of standard ringtone package?

Help!
    04-05-11 06:13 PM
    Hope this helps!!
    04-05-11 10:30 PM
    Did you back your BBM contacts before installing OS??
    If so, did you do a restore??

If you are receiving BBMessages ......seems your contacts would be working. What u r saying sounds strange and I haven't heard anyone describing a problem exactly like this.

For BBM .........I would try reinstalling BBM.

You may also want to read this:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f152/bb...nstall-601832/

For some reason......I have read where quite a few people the last few days have installed OS6 upgrades lately and found BBM not working or missing.

You can read around this 'Native Apps' area and find a few more threads.
    You can also read around the Leaked/Beta OS forum area and find more threads.

Hope this helps!!
    Last edited by duckduke; 04-05-11 at 10:44 PM.
    04-05-11 10:39 PM
    Hope this helps!!
    Fantastic, thank you!
    04-06-11 01:25 AM
    So my BBM began working last night, and now today I am having a similar problem. If I go to the BBM screen, all I see is my name. If I start blindly typing, the names I am searching for will come up. So I can get to someone's BBM name, and send them a message, but if I want to view their reply, I have to go to my main Messages screen. This is really annoying.
    04-06-11 03:58 PM
    This still sounds strange to me.

I assume this in your 8900.

What OS version did you install??

What version of BBM are your running??
    go to options>applications>click the tab at the top and select 'Add-On'
    then click on Blackberry Messenger and it will open.......you see the version.
    04-06-11 10:22 PM
    It's a bold 9700. I just deleted BBM (again) and I will reinstall it and let you know the version, but it's the exact version on blackberry.com/messenger. I appreciate the help!
    04-07-11 01:17 AM
    I'm about to install it from App World. Version 5.0.2.12
    04-07-11 01:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD