Let me start by saying that here in Greece BIS/BES are only available to customers with a contract, not available on PAYGO.

My sister has a 9000; she uses it with a prepaid plan, as a result NO BIS. The weird thing is that yesterday I downloaded from AppWorld the official Twitter app, which, since it is official, it shouldn't work without BIS, right? Well, it does! And not only does it work on WiFi, but it also works with TCP settings! What the **** is happening? Of course we can't say we're not happy :P But we are wondering. Let me also add that no other official app is working.
    04-29-11 09:33 AM
    how did you use the app world without BIS?
    04-29-11 10:56 AM
    I don't even know! Believe me. At first, it would give an error but then when we put the SIM card it worked!
    04-29-11 03:03 PM
    Mine does work also w/o BIS before. Also, even if you don't have BIS, there are many 3rd-party apps avail.
    04-30-11 12:07 AM
    Yeah, I know, I just don't know how it works without BIS, since it's an official app, I mean FB and others do not. Facebook, actually did work without BIS, in 1.4 version, then it was updated and stopped working.
    04-30-11 02:06 AM
    yea i had my Twitter working on my old phones that were once activated, on wifi only with no SIM installed. i think it just needs a wifi connection and maybe a service book.
    04-30-11 03:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD