Although the UI is nice, the app has a few serious problems:

1. I don't understand when it refreshes. It's set to refresh every hour, which is fine, but every time I switch to it, it also refreshes.
    2. Refreshing doesn't mark the last timeline location I was in, just throws me somewhere, neither at the top of timeline or bottom or where I was before. I have to scroll up and down to see what I've missed, and in the middle more refreshes coming in and muck around the order again. Very disorienting.
    3. As of 1.0.1.4 I can't click on a link to open it. I don't know if this is deliberate to protect users from themselves or something that slipped through testing. To me it's like making links in the browser non-clickable. I don't know what they're thinking.
    4. Almost every time I try to search by a user, I'm being rate limited. This is weird: I'm searching, not refreshing my timeline. I don't search very often, and I can still search from the Twitter website. So why am I limited when using Twitter for BlackBerry, and almost every time I search. I can rarely search anymore.

So in summary, this app is turning out to be a disappointment.
    09-17-10 12:56 PM
    Try Seesmic, it's a good program.... i've used it until i found Tweet Deck.
    09-17-10 01:34 PM
    Tell me about it. Got rid of it completely and I just use UberTwitter. Much, much
    better well-designed app.
    09-17-10 02:15 PM
    As of 1.0.1.4 I can't click on a link to open it. I can huh weird
    Im new to twitter so im learning but the other points you made are valid, sometimes i cant search either dont really care about the refresh but i guess if you have lots of followers and your follwing lots of people it is a pain.
    09-19-10 11:58 PM
    I'm having no problems at all with links - they open fine. Totally agree about the refresh location being disorienting. Also agree that the "rate limited, enhance your calm" is ridiculous. All I have to do is do a search and start scrolling thru tweets and I get "rate limited." Annoying to say the least.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-10 09:05 AM
    Try ubertwitter for a couple days. twitter for blackberry is pretty lame compared to ubertwitter imo.

09-20-10 11:19 PM
    UberTwitter is nice and I bought it some time ago. I find the UI cluttered with too high contrast. When a post is highlighted, the font color is inversed, and scrolling is a bit jerky, so it's a bit exhausting the scroll through, and scrolling is what I do with the app all day. Also, UT doesn't have advanced search, and RIM's app does it well, when it doesn't limit me.
    09-21-10 12:13 AM
    Although the UI is nice, the app has a few serious problems:

1. I don't understand when it refreshes. It's set to refresh every hour, which is fine, but every time I switch to it, it also refreshes. It refreshes at your set interval, plus any time you open it.
    2. Refreshing doesn't mark the last timeline location I was in, just throws me somewhere, neither at the top of timeline or bottom or where I was before. I have to scroll up and down to see what I've missed, and in the middle more refreshes coming in and muck around the order again. Very disorienting.
    3. As of 1.0.1.4 I can't click on a link to open it. I don't know if this is deliberate to protect users from themselves or something that slipped through testing. To me it's like making links in the browser non-clickable. I don't know what they're thinking. See below.
    4. Almost every time I try to search by a user, I'm being rate limited. This is weird: I'm searching, not refreshing my timeline. I don't search very often, and I can still search from the Twitter website. So why am I limited when using Twitter for BlackBerry, and almost every time I search. I can rarely search anymore. I can't search period.

So in summary, this app is turning out to be a disappointment.
    Try Seesmic, it's a good program.... i've used it until i found Tweet Deck.
    Couldn't get past the portrait only view, even with compatibility settings adjusted. Also, the icon is a bit cartoonish IMO lol

As of 1.0.1.4 I can't click on a link to open it. I can huh weird
    Im new to twitter so im learning but the other points you made are valid, sometimes i cant search either dont really care about the refresh but i guess if you have lots of followers and your follwing lots of people it is a pain.
    I was using 1.0.0.45 until I read this, I had to manually check for updates even though I had it set for automatically. Prior to 1.0.0.40 I could click links and open in a browser of choice; ever since then it hasn't worked, even after updating to 1.0.1.4. I can highlight a link and use the BB menu to launch though.
    09-22-10 02:03 AM
    I hate the new way you have to open links with version 1.0.1.4.
    09-24-10 09:50 AM
    As of version 1.1.0.21 none of these issues have been addressed.

Even worse, it's very laggy, and I suspect the reason is a very small cache for avatars. As I scroll down I can see it is constantly loading and reloading icons from the network, and this pauses scrolling and often brings up a spinning clock.

04-12-11 03:58 PM
    Awful, awful release (1.1.0.21)! Very disappointing. Shame on you RIM!

04-12-11 04:39 PM
    They're just piling on every conceivable feature instead of making the product usable.

04-12-11 04:45 PM
    The new twitter is a great app and the best IMO on the latest OS. You may need to update your OS along with your apps.

My 2c
    04-12-11 09:34 PM
    The new twitter is a great app and the best IMO on the latest OS. You may need to update your OS along with your apps.

My 2c
    What a lazy response, 2c indeed. FYI, I am running the latest OS. Address the points or stay out of it.

04-12-11 09:43 PM
    What a lazy response, 2c indeed. FYI, I am running the latest OS. Address the points or stay out of it.

I do not have your issues, my carrier 99.9% of the time provide an awesome service, even after a 6.3 earthquake that had killed over 200 in my small town. I turn refresh off, as I know as of the beta zone version 1.1.0.17 push has worked most of the time, I don't have to check the app for people replying to my tweets.

I.E not everyone has the same problem, and each problem is addressed differently.

04-12-11 09:52 PM
    I do not have your issues, my carrier 99.9% of the time provide an awesome service, even after a 6.3 earthquake that had killed over 200 in my small town. I turn refresh off, as I know as of the beta zone version 1.1.0.17 push has worked most of the time, I don't have to check the app for people replying to my tweets.
    Push has nothing to do with refreshing the timeline.

04-12-11 09:57 PM
    I used the beta versions of 1.1 and they worked well for me, for the most part. But the official release (1.1.0.21) is a buggy, laggy, unusable disaster on the Storm2. I guess that's the danger when they release a different build than what we tested. Back to UberSocial for now...
    04-14-11 08:54 PM
    1.1 twitter has more lag on my 9650 than any other app I've ever had. Every time I click on something it freezes for a couple seconds.

I don't think they didn't put much effort into this release. It seemed like all the suggestions in beta zone were completely ignored. I guess their busy with the Playbook et al.
    04-15-11 05:45 PM
    Do the even try an app before making it available for download?
    04-17-11 06:39 AM
    strange, it seems to work fine for me. About the same as the beta version I was running for weeks.

04-17-11 09:23 AM
    The more I use it I get the impression that it's a showcase for a "Super App" instead of just a good app for the user. Users are an afterthought.

Push notifications, mailbox and address book integration etc. Who cares about all that stuff? The vast majority of Twitter users just read Twitter and only rarely post, but reading the scrolling list, the most important element, is a miserable experience. There are no shortcuts for reading links, no integration with services like "Read it Later" or "Instapaper". And there are the awkward problems of tapping on a link to open a browser.

Animation of spinning wheel and sliding dialog boxes are very crude, it would have been better not to animate them at all. So annoying.
    04-29-11 01:54 AM
    The vast majority of Twitter users just read Twitter and only rarely post, but reading the scrolling list, the most important element, is a miserable experience.
    Well if that's that, the vast majority can go m.twiter.com, don't you think? We're talking BlackBerry app here, and I would rather have all the integration options there than complain they didn't do it.

There are no shortcuts for reading links, no integration with services like "Read it Later" or "Instapaper". And there are the awkward problems of tapping on a link to open a browser.
    Those apps are not made by RIM so it is hard to expect them to go THAT specific. But hey, the way they are buying... Why don't you suggest they buy those companies? We just never know.

On the shortcuts note thou, I'm with you. Scrolling left and down to hit links is not the best way to do it.

Animation of spinning wheel and sliding dialog boxes are very crude, it would have been better not to animate them at all. So annoying.
    Hmm. I am not sure I even noticed that one. I'll take your word for it.
    04-29-11 09:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD