Enrol now! Or you might miss out!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-11 02:24 PM
    I'm not seeing any major differences. Not laggy like the last beta, but I wish they would darken the color of the tweet you're reading! I can hardly see the shading.
    05-05-11 02:35 PM
    Redesigned Nav Bar

The Nav Bar has a whole new look with simplified icons that provide a cleaner layout and a more familiar Twitter experience. With a single click, you can quickly access your Home Timeline, @Mentions, Messages, Lists, perform a search from the new Single Search Screen, or submit a tweet with the new “Compose Tweet” button accessible from anywhere in the app.

New Compose Tweet Button

The new “Compose Tweet” button in Twitter for BlackBerry smartphones 2.0 is a single touch-point for creating new tweets from anywhere in the app, making it easier than ever to share your location (if setting is enabled) and photos with your followers.

Single Search Screen

With the new Single Search Screen in Twitter for BlackBerry smartphones 2.0, you can search for tweets, tweets nearby, people, as well as go-to @users all from a single location. From the new Single Search Screen, you can also view Trending Topics and Saved Searches – unifying the entire Twitter Search experience.

Another great feature for BlackBerry 6 users: Twitter Search works with Universal Search on your BlackBerry smartphone. Search for anything, and Universal Search will pull in relevant results from your entire BlackBerry smartphone, including all Search categories within Twitter.

External Notifications

A new application header notifies you when you receive other types of messages, like BBM messages or email, as well as displaying your network connectivity while in the Twitter for BlackBerry smartphones app – meaning you no longer need to leave the application in order to discover the types of new external notifications you have.

New Black/Chrome Color Scheme

The color scheme throughout the app has been updated to be consistent with the look of the Twitter brand.
    05-05-11 02:55 PM
    I don't like the new color scheme, but other than that I don't see any major differences from the previous version.
    05-05-11 02:56 PM
    I like it. Nice clean UI. Don't have to wait 10secs for everything to load, no lag at all. Like the back and white colour scheme.
    05-05-11 03:06 PM
    Still doesn't remember the last tweet read. Looks like it's back to SocialScope!

05-05-11 03:57 PM
    Does it still start at the top of your timeline when you exit out of the app then come back? I prefer how UberSocial starts at the last unread.

05-05-11 04:02 PM
    Still doesn't remember the last tweet read. Looks like it's back to SocialScope!

I guess we posted at the same time. I'll stick with USoc until they start at last unread...

05-05-11 04:04 PM
    Any option to tweet longer than 140 characters?

05-05-11 04:13 PM

Just send it to the background by hitting the red end call button. It will stay exactly where you are next time you open it. Its done that for a long time.

05-05-11 05:45 PM
    OTA here: OS6 only
    Twitter for BlackBerry v2.0.0.7

Instructions:
    Please Note: You must have and be logged into a previous version of Twitter for BlackBerry to avoid the keycode.
    Grab the official from AppWorld: Download Here
    Otherwise, you will be redirected to the Twitter for BlackBerry v2.0.0.7 download page in 5 seconds... Click Here to go there now
    If it asks for key, that sucks - maybe try a desktop install but it worked for me (@theiexplorers) and many others - coming from .21 or .24 twitter previously.
    Last edited by lyricidal; 05-05-11 at 06:57 PM.
    05-05-11 06:45 PM
    when you open the app, quickly highlight the tweet at the top- that's you last read. The timeline will then refresh above that tweet.

05-05-11 07:13 PM
    I don't think this external notifications thingy is functioning within my app or im just clueless about how it works... Anyone care to explain how it works on there phone ?

05-05-11 07:39 PM
    Has any Twitter versions been able to support retweets? Can't see what I've retweeted or what posts of mine people have retweeted.
    05-06-11 12:14 AM
    Here's my very personal review of the new 2.0 beta:
    1. No custom retweet style. The custom one is "@crackberry sdsdsd" instead of RT @crackberry sdsdsd.

2. No instapaper support.
    3. Scrolling down the long timeline is kinda laggy for me (maybe a battery pull will do but the problems above took me back to UberSoc)
    4. It doesn't stop at the last unread tweet. In fact when you open the app switcher you can't see twitter there (unlike Ubersocial).
    5. Overall the app is still quite cumbersome and I don't see much improvement from v1.
    05-06-11 12:39 AM
    Just send it to the background by hitting the red end call button. It will stay exactly where you are next time you open it. Its done that for a long time.

Essentially every other app uses the back button to exit out of an app. Call me a creature of habit, but I pretty much never use the end button for anything except ending a call. I'm not going to change everything for one app. Personal preference I guess. UberSocial works very well for me. I was a beta tester for the current version and I guess my comment wasn't implemented regarding this issue. All this being said - I'll still probably check out the beta anyway!

05-06-11 09:39 AM
    I can't open any links, doesn't automatically give me the option, unless i I use the bb button, is anyone else having this problem?
    05-06-11 11:11 AM
    I don't think this external notifications thingy is functioning within my app or im just clueless about how it works... Anyone care to explain how it works on there phone ?

Yea same thing here how do u show external notifications? I haven't seen that

05-07-11 01:05 AM
    I can't open any links, doesn't automatically give me the option, unless i I use the bb button, is anyone else having this problem?
    I think you're alone there buddy

05-07-11 04:10 PM
    I am having one **** of a time trying to download this thing. I just registered for the beta zone and activated the account. I joined the program for Twitter 2.0 and it provides me with the link I am supposed to use in the native browser, but when I do it just takes me back to that screen in an endless cycle. I cannot download the app! This is ridiculous. Is the testing over, or has RIM made this more complicated than it should be?
    05-09-11 01:25 PM
    I am having one **** of a time trying to download this thing. I just registered for the beta zone and activated the account. I joined the program for Twitter 2.0 and it provides me with the link I am supposed to use in the native browser, but when I do it just takes me back to that screen in an endless cycle. I cannot download the app! This is ridiculous. Is the testing over, or has RIM made this more complicated than it should be?
    scroll down. you ahve info to fil in and confirm. on the final screen you scroll down and your PIN will be above the download now.
    05-09-11 01:41 PM
    Try holding down your trackpad when the link is highlighted. It will pop up the menu to open in the BB browser.. or you can just hit the enter key when the link is highlighted.

05-09-11 02:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD