I'll try to keep this simple. My gf had a 9700, she just got a new 9900 so we transferred all the data from one phone to the other using the desktop software. All good, no problems.
    She also has a curve for work. She wants to add all her bbm contacts from the curve to the her new 9900, so that she can now have all her bbm contacts on the new blackberry 9900. She's trying to do this without having a message sent out to all her work friends to accept a new request.
    Is there any way of doing this, like a device swap, where it's all automatic, but without losing any contacts, and without sending out a request to everyone?

Thanks!
    12-14-11 02:07 AM
    Make a backup from the old device. Do an Advanced Restore and select the BlackBerryMessenger database to move them to the new device. Or you can back the contacts up to the SD card, and put the card in the new device and restore from the card.

Her contacts may still have to accept a re-invite request. When I migrated form 9650 to 9930 some of my contacts did, other didn't.
    12-14-11 09:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD