Ive got version 5.0.1.38. It was working fine these past few days, but moments ago, I got an incoming message and when I went to view it, all I could see was part of the message, on the BBM contacts screen. I couldn't get to the regular chat screen. I finally closed the chat, told the person I was unable to see their complete message, and was able to view a NEW chat window. At the top of that screen is a link to view older messages. By clicking that, I was finally able to view the previously unviewable message.

Anyone having similar issues with this version of BBM? Before today, I've not had any issues with viewing messages and I use BBM every day since Feb.
    08-13-10 02:02 PM
    I have a BB 8900 and downloaded version 5.0.1.38 yesterday. This version is not compatible with my BB, it keeps jumping and slowing my bb down, and i want to get my old version back, however i cannot find it on app world.

I thought i could uninstall this bbm and get my old one back, however it deleted the whole thing, luckily when reinstalled it back, i could restore all my contacts.

Please could someone tell me how i can get the previous version of bbm back, as ive been struggling to find a solution.

Thanks.
    08-13-10 02:28 PM
    I have a BB 8900 and downloaded version 5.0.1.38 yesterday. This version is not compatible with my BB, it keeps jumping and slowing my bb down, and i want to get my old version back, however i cannot find it on app world.

I thought i could uninstall this bbm and get my old one back, however it deleted the whole thing, luckily when reinstalled it back, i could restore all my contacts.

Please could someone tell me how i can get the previous version of bbm back, as ive been struggling to find a solution.

Thanks.
    If you dont have 5.0 os installed on your 8900 the newest upgrade will not work. You'll have to download a version compatabile with 4.5 or higher.

RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting
    08-13-10 02:46 PM
    [QUOTE=Tarheelfan40;5460103]If you dont have 5.0 os installed on your 8900 the newest upgrade will not work. You'll have to download a version compatabile with 4.5 or higher.

Oh i see! Thankyou...

How do i download 5.0 os on my BB 8900?!

Thanks again.
    08-13-10 03:28 PM
    [QUOTE=Rupi;5460358]
    If you dont have 5.0 os installed on your 8900 the newest upgrade will not work. You'll have to download a version compatabile with 4.5 or higher.

Oh i see! Thankyou...

How do i download 5.0 os on my BB 8900?!

Thanks again.
    as its widely discussed and is asked ALL THE TIME, you should search!!!!

just download the newest 8900 OS from the sticky in the 8900 forum then follow the upgrading procedure in the Blackberry 101 section.
    08-13-10 03:46 PM
    I rebooted my 9700 and then after that my Recent Updates bar was gone missing. Asked my friend to change his status to check if I'll be able to see it but I can't. Did a battery pull but that didn't work. Now I'm thinking should I do another battery pull? Anyone who's experienced the same problem? Bbm without the Recent Updates bar. Looks so incomplete.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-10 10:55 AM
    This kind of crap happening is absolutely why I am in no rush to load anything new, like OS6, like the new BBM, etc. Why bother when I have a functioning device???? I'll let everyone else work the kinks out......
    08-17-10 11:27 AM
    I rebooted my 9700 and then after that my Recent Updates bar was gone missing. Asked my friend to change his status to check if I'll be able to see it but I can't. Did a battery pull but that didn't work. Now I'm thinking should I do another battery pull? Anyone who's experienced the same problem? Bbm without the Recent Updates bar. Looks so incomplete.

Did you try going into BBM options to make sure that your 'Recent Updates' aren't set to 'None'?
    08-17-10 12:20 PM
    update: I haven't had a repeat of the issue I posted in the OP.
    08-17-10 12:30 PM

I disagree - I'm still running os 4.6 and I use the new BBM and have had no issues with it. However, I didn't download it from app world I downloaded from the BlackBerry site.
    08-17-10 12:30 PM
    Only problem I have with bbm now is that all my friends have droids now

08-17-10 11:39 PM

the current version of BBM works with all OS's from 4.5-6.0. there is no reason they OP would have to go back to BBM 4.6.
    08-18-10 12:14 AM
    Im having the exact same problem, except its with my 8520, i updated to the newest bbm and the the recent updates just disappeared and havent come back not after a battery pull or re-install and yes i have checked that recent updates r not set to 0 and even tried to increase the size to see if that helped but they still arent there. Does any1 have any solutions for this plz???
    10-14-10 04:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD