Im traveling tonight and wanted to know if the following scenario could be possible. Here are the specifics.

ATT 9700 BB unlocked on Movistar Colombia with BIS services configured and running.
    ATT Pay as you go prepaid sim card in the USA
    Multiple GMAIL/Google APPS accounts

I wanted to know if it was possible to activate the data plan (regular data, not BIS) on the ATT sim card and have BBM work. I understand that the regular push and native applications will probably not work, buy I would use the GMAIL app to reach my mails.

If the BBM works, that would be an excelent way to not pay roaming charges and be able to use only ONE phone instead of a voice line and a data line on roaming charges.

Any help or explinations is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
    08-05-10 09:36 AM
    BBM requires a BLACKBERRY Data Plan. It will not work on a "regular" data plan.
    08-05-10 10:46 AM
    I was looking for a more technical response... but I agree and know, BBM will only work on a BIS or BES data plan. However, if I have the BIS active and the service books will not be different, there could be a way that the phone could take the regular data plan as say a WiFi conection where you CAN use BBM.

Why wont that be possible?
    08-05-10 11:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD