For some crazy reason my account is under my dad's name and so he had to pick up the phone for me (another state), and well they are shipping it to me and it should be here in the next few days.

I tried searching for the answer but couldn't find anything, but the people at Verizon told me that they can't transfer my BBM contacts when I bring it in. I'm pretty sure this is not true, because I had a friend who just got a replacement phone and I was still a contact when she activated her own phone.

I am hoping they can transfer it at the store with my phonebook, but if not I am going to hope there is some way to do it with desktop manager?

I am switching from the Storm 1 to Storm 2.
    11-01-09 03:07 PM
    No worries. This is easy. Once you activate the phone, go home open up desktop manager and select switch blackberry devices. Follow the directions and depending on information, you can have the entire Storm2 look like the Storm1 including BBM contacts.
    11-01-09 03:09 PM
    If you have BBM 5.0 just do a backup via email and then when you get your new device you will have the option to reload a backup via the email address you registered with when you did the backup. Its not complicated at all. PM me if you need any help when you get your replacement device.
    11-01-09 03:10 PM
    No worries. This is easy. Once you activate the phone, go home open up desktop manager and select switch blackberry devices. Follow the directions and depending on information, you can have the entire Storm2 look like the Storm1 including BBM contacts.
    ** Side note. Not that I don't trust Verizon to switch my phonebook, but I don't trust anyone to mess with any of my contact info. Its too valuble to lose.
    11-01-09 03:10 PM
    Awesome thanks guys!
    11-01-09 03:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD