Ello all,

I'm getting a torch next week, I just wanted to know how I go about backing up my bbm contacts and if I would have to re-add everyone as I will have a new pin, and also all my apps and games which I've downloaded, if someone could help I would be grateful

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-10 11:34 PM
    Ello all,

I'm getting a torch next week, I just wanted to know how I go about backing up my bbm contacts and if I would have to re-add everyone as I will have a new pin, and also all my apps and games which I've downloaded, if someone could help I would be grateful

Thanks

Use the Device Switch Wizard in the Desktop Manager Software that comes with your BlackBerry is the easiest way to transfer your data between devices.

If you have your BBM backup file on your media card, just open your BBM>Menu>Options>Restore a Backup of Your Contact List. Everything should regenerate within a few minutes. This is a good thing to have handy if you cannot use the DM. Device Switch Wizard will transfer everything in BBM automatically, and once you're registered, your contacts will automatically be updated.

Last edited by BergerKing; 12-11-10 at 12:00 AM.
    12-10-10 11:44 PM
    Either use desktop manager or if you have your bbm contacts saved to an email account as soon as you revalidate the email on your new phone your bbm contacts will be synced.

12-10-10 11:48 PM
    Use the Device Switch Wizard in the Desktop Manager Software that comes with your BlackBerry is the easiest way to transfer your data between devices.

If you have your BBM backup file on your media card, just open your BBM>Menu>Options>Restore a Backup of Your Contact List. Everything should regenerate within a few minutes. This is a good thing to have handy if you cannot use the DM. Device Switch Wizard will transfer everything in BBM automatically, and once you're registered, your contacts will automatically be updated.

Exactly what I would recommend. The tool is available right at their finger tips and you don't even need to have another blackberry to use it. It waits for it. I even used it to restore the apps to mine after I wiped and reloaded an OS.

12-11-10 06:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD