Hi all,

Ive just got my 2nd blackberry because i travel between 2 countries. anyway, i wanted to copy all my ctc's on my new Curve 8520 so that i didnt have to manually add them on my new phone. So what i did was linked my old phone to Desktop Manager .. Went to the advanced settings of Backup and restore. Copied the Blackberry Messenger Backup (ipd) file to the computer. Then i connected my new blackberry and reversed the process and yes all my contacts got transferred to my 2nd phone.

What i just realised is that in all my contacts phones all that it did was replace my PIN number to my new one !! So now all my contacts have only my new PIN.

In my old phone i have 0 contacts.

What i ideally want is that all my contacts should have both my pin numbers so they can msg me on either.

Thanks for your help in advance ..

N
    07-16-10 11:21 AM
    Being you want to use two phones and have all the same contacts you will need to manually add each one to BBM.
    07-16-10 12:03 PM
    Sync your contacts to an email address that will push to both devices. If you do this, you shouldn't need to add contacts one by one.
    07-16-10 12:07 PM
    thanks guys .. I think what i will do is send a msg from my new blackberry to all my contacts to add my old PIN back .. so that they will then have both .. I guess that should solve my problem .. right ?
    07-16-10 12:29 PM
    I guess that should solve my problem .. right ?
    I suppose so. Send out a broadcast message to everyone explaining to add the old pin as well. All set. Lol.
    07-16-10 12:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD