Hey everyone, my blackberry curve had some information I forgot to copy over to my new phone. The information I had saved in the default memopad application. My problem is that the trackball doesn't move down so when I go to the menu I can't select that memopad since I can't move the "cursor" down to highlight the application.

Is there any way to either a.) hook up my blackberry to the computer and pull the information off my blackberry to be able to copy it... b.) some hoow change my settings on my blackberry so I can select menu items by just scrolling left and right.. or c.) maybe the trackball is stuck so clean it without opening it up?

01-13-10 01:35 PM
    Pop the trackball out and clean it. Its super easy to do.
    01-13-10 01:47 PM
    Use Desktop Manger. Make a backup of your current device. Connect your old device and make a backup.

Connect your new device. Open Backup/Restore, select Advanced. Click File in the upper left corner of the window, browse to your backup file from the old device. Click on the memopad data base that appears in the left side window then click on the button in the middle with >> on it. This will transfer your old memopad data to your new device. Disconnect your BB.

Open your MemoPad app and access your old memos.

If you load an app called BB NotePad:

BB Notepad

You can save all your notes to your microSD card. You can even open your MemoPad notes, then save them to your memory card as .txt files. That way, even if your BB crashes, you have your notes on your memory card.

So I recommend installing BB Notepad to your new BB first, save all your existing MemoPad stuff to your memory card. Then do the steps above to get your old MemoPad notes on your new BB, then save them to your memory card using BB NotePad.
    01-13-10 01:58 PM
    woops! forgot to say my new phone is the Droid haha... sooo can't do anything with a new blackberry haha.. though I could borrow someone else's blackberry if needed!

and Dubbin1, I thought you had to like open up the device to get the trackball out, or did I read that wrong?
    01-13-10 02:36 PM
    It's super easy to remove your trackball, it pops out. If you take your trackball apart, that is the hard part (getting it back together again):

01-13-10 02:42 PM
    awesome!!! thanks! Hopefully it works!
    01-13-10 02:44 PM
    THanks for the guide!
    01-13-10 07:47 PM