CB community here is the deal, i bought an unlocked torch yesterday, brand new, switched from a 9700. my carrier is T mob, i managed to get browsing and wifi to work properly, all the files from the back up restore worked but my bbm contacts. i tried restoring the contacts from the registered emails. i did local backup and restore from the phone and also tried doing a restore from the DM from the backup before switching. also tried the device switch wizard and did not work. i have been trying to get the contacts on the bbm to work since yesterday and no luck. i reverted back to my 9700 and my contacts where there, it updated all of them. can this be a phone issue?? how can i solve this.

please help. i have over 500 contacts, and don't want to add them 1 by 1.

i searched and did the following:

Battery pull, wiped and restored the phone again, requested service books. re registered the emails. downloaded and reinstalled the bbm. i ran out of options. please ppl help.

TIA.
    Royer
    12-23-10 06:57 PM
    I am trying to transfer my contacts from a torch to a torch and I am having the same issue, thus, I can assure you that it is not you.

However, thinking back...I transferred my contact to the first torch from the 9000 (1st generation Bold) without any issues at all. Could this problem be associated with the new operating system, or possibly the new BB desktop manager?

Someone please advise if you can, I have far too many contacts to re-invite.

Thanks,
    12-23-10 11:52 PM
    have you tried to backup the contacts to the SD card instead of the email option? I believe(dont quite me on this) that the email option only works after you setup that email on the new device, and it does take some time to update.

I always backup to my SD card and it works flawlessly every time. Since you still have your 9700 you could possibly try this method.
    12-24-10 07:31 AM
    have you tried to backup the contacts to the SD card instead of the email option? I believe(dont quite me on this) that the email option only works after you setup that email on the new device, and it does take some time to update.

I always backup to my SD card and it works flawlessly every time. Since you still have your 9700 you could possibly try this method.
    already did this and no dice. that is how i used to do it as well, but i think i might be a software issue, on my brother's 9700 pics display fine, i started to re invite people and pics don't show up maybe it is a cod file o something like that. i got wifi and browser working fine.
    12-24-10 05:11 PM
    That happened to me I had to switch from torch to torch when I first got the torch from the 9700 there was no issue once I got a new torch an transferred over it was a probably had to reinvite all my contacts

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-10 05:45 PM
    Yup! D same thing happen to me when I switched frm torch to another torch!

I have to reinvite all my bbm contacts! And d pic/avatar doesn't display.

Help!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-10 10:00 AM
    Not really sure if this is a good thread for this post, but it does relate to the BBM contacts not updating.

I am trying to get a little information for myself. For those experiencing the Avatar update issue, how many contacts do you have in your BBM list? I only have 32 and I have no issues with the BBM updates. However most if not all people I hear from with the Avatar issue have over 100 contacts. I know the issue with the status update was supposed to be resolved with the .37 ver of BBM. I am just wondering if this bug may have crept back in and is showing itself in the form of the Avatar update issue. 1 person I was speaking with actually humored me and dropped his contact list below 100 and guess what, all his avatars flowed in and updated. If anyone else is willing to humor me with this I would be greatly appreciative.
    12-28-10 01:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD