I have a notification that I have 1 unread email and 1 facebook something unread. I cannot get them to clear out. I have no unread messages and no unread facebook items.
    Any idea how I might get these to reset and clear out?
    01-06-12 07:07 AM
    not to insult you, but you obviously due.

Check all facebook areas with in the app and look for something with BOLD HEADING

and then open your messages box and hit 'mark prior read'
    01-06-12 08:57 AM
    Battery pull, or actually log into FB and your email accounts to check and see, from a PC or MAC.
    01-06-12 09:31 AM
    I have a notification that I have 1 unread email and 1 facebook something unread. I cannot get them to clear out. I have no unread messages and no unread facebook items.
    Go into FB app, go to Notifications.

at the very top you will see a date header, likely with today's date. Tap that date header.

A menu will pop up. Select "mark prior read."

For the other message, it's mostly likely a missed call, but it could be anything.

if you use your messages inbox to capture all your messages, you can click on the date header at the top and select "mark prior read."

If you want to know what you're missing before you mark read, you can open the inbox, select the search icon all the way at the bottom (magnifying glass). Hit the down arrow to the right of the search field. Select advanced search. Don't enter any text in this window. In the service field, ensure that "all services" is selected. if it shows an email address, select that button and choose all services which is the top selection. Toward the bottom is the show field. select the button and select unread only.

the bottom-most button is "search." select that and all unread messages will be displayed.

Hope that helps.

cheers.
    01-06-12 10:32 AM
    Saw this a couple times......On your main screen, hit the BB Menu button, select SHOW ALL ICONS. It may be that you have a hidden mail icon and the messages are there. Delete the unread messages and see if the notifications clear.
    01-06-12 11:55 AM
    Battery Pull fixed it. Thank you.
    01-06-12 03:45 PM
    Happens to me on occasion. Facebook not installed. VERY annoying.. Have to pull battery to get it to go away.
    01-06-12 07:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD