Just moved from Storm 2 to 9850 and I am really liking the phone so far...so much faster, and the keyboard has been great for me and I have large fingers! (was worried after reading other posts here but a non issue)

One thing that IS buggin me is the unique sound seems to be gone from the phone that my storm 2 made when I got a BBM. Now it just gives me the same DUNK sound that you get when receiving a text. Does anyone know how to get this back on the Torch?

Any help is appreciated thanks.
    09-15-11 08:54 PM
    Maybe this thread will help!

Ringtones!

Hope this works... If I helped clickem mah Thanks buttons!
    vincentkong and anon(3179790) like this.
    09-15-11 09:34 PM
    select the sound volume icon from the top left corner of the home screen. The last choice is change sounds. next select "sounds for select profiles". Then select instant messages and BBM new message. There are lots of tones included.
    09-15-11 09:35 PM
    select the sound volume icon from the top left corner of the home screen. The last choice is change sounds. next select "sounds for select profiles". Then select instant messages and BBM new message. There are lots of tones included.
    I guess he could change the sound using the preloaded sounds like you mentioned, but It is my understanding that OS7 got rid of all the sounds used in previous OS builds and added new sounds. He said he wanted the "unique" sound that he had which im pretty sure is only available in OS5.

The thread I linked to in my previous post has links to download the OS5 ringtones and sounds.

Although I should have included the steps to change the sounds associated with sound profiles like you did. So... Thanks!
    09-15-11 09:43 PM
    I missed his desire for a "unique" sound. Between us we got him covered.
    DannyJK likes this.
    09-15-11 09:57 PM
    Thank you guys, yes I was looking for the BBM alert sound from my OS 5 sounds like between these two methods I will have it back, very much appreciated!
    09-15-11 10:17 PM
    Your welcome! Dont forget to click on our Thanks buttons to help us out! And If you need anything else dont hesitate to ask!
    jhagg likes this.
    09-15-11 10:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD