Hello everyone!!! I just got the torch today, and I have an issue. I went to set up my BBM account and it said I had to add a number to associate with the pin. I accidentally exited out (like I mentioned, I only had had it for like 30 minutes). Then I told my friends my PIN # and they said that it was invalid. I figured it was due to my contact info. I added my "Personal Information" contact which includes my BBM pin now. Should I be good to go and my friends no longer get that annoying "Invalid pin #" message?! Thanks!
    12-18-10 09:14 PM
    Your pin can be found in your bbm profile or by going to options. Device and then device info

Make sure you're giving your friends the correct pin.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-10 09:19 PM
    Have you activated a BlackBerry data plan yet? If not, no BBM for you.

You can get your PIN to your friends easily by texting them. In the text, type mypin and then a space and it will show your PIN.
    Last edited by elite1; 12-18-10 at 09:29 PM.
    homer1475 likes this.
    12-18-10 09:25 PM
    Your pin can be found in your bbm profile or by going to options. Device and then device info

Make sure you're giving your friends the correct pin.

I have. I double-checked. I can send an invite via my BB, but they can't add me. It's odd.

Have you activated a BlackBerry data plan yet? If not, no BBM for you.

You can get your PIN to your friends easily by texting them. In the text, type pin:231C72DE and then a space and it will show your PIN.
    I activated it at the AT&T store this afternoon. The guy said it was effective immediately. I can send invites, but nobody can find me. They say it's because I only have one letter in my pin #, but my friends have 2 and 3 in theirs so I don't think that makes a difference.
    12-18-10 09:28 PM
    The alpha numeric sequence don't mean anything
    And elite meant 'mypin'

12-18-10 09:29 PM
    if you are sending them messages, but they aren't getting them, your BIS is not provisioned properly.

are you able to browse the internet?

i'm assuming the answer is no.

you'll need to contact your service provider to fix it.
    12-18-10 09:48 PM
    Yes I know some people with NO letters in their PIN.

Ok ashmur do you have an email address associated with your BB yet? Is it working yet?

From your Home Screen type the word [b]host[/]. Select Options app (wrench icon), select first choice Host Routing Table. Press MENU (ie BB logo key to left of trackpad) and select Register Now. Hold down your ESC key (back arrow to right of trackpad) to close and exit out.
    You should receive a confirmation message from the network.
    Wait a minute, then do a battery pull. (With device on, physically remove the battery, wait 30 seconds, replace battery for device to reboot.)

See if it's working after that.
    12-18-10 09:51 PM
    you'll need to contact your service provider to fix it.
    Not necessarily.
    Before bothering to contact provider, I would (a) try the Register Now per my post above, and if that didn't work (b) re-send Service Books.
    12-18-10 09:56 PM
    Don't worry about BBM yet. It is based on PIN. Try direct PIN messaging to your friends. Until that works BBM will not. PM some of those that commented and I am sure someone will PIN you.

12-18-10 11:52 PM
    I have. I double-checked. I can send an invite via my BB, but they can't add me. It's odd.
    Any update ashmur?

By the way, welcome to CB!
    As soon as you can, please add your device, carrier, and lcoation to your CB profile. That kind of info can help us give you advice.
    12-19-10 02:49 AM
    Any update ashmur?

By the way, welcome to CB!
    As soon as you can, please add your device, carrier, and lcoation to your CB profile. That kind of info can help us give you advice.
    I got it working. It took me an hour, but I got it working lol. I'll update my data ASAP. One thing I noticed is when I got off of Wi-Fi the BES disappeared and it hadn't when I left the house earlier today. But when I get back home and hook back into my wi-fi the symbol in the upper right hand corner re-appears. Any reason why?! I'm so new to the "smartphone" age and it takes a little getting used to.
    Last edited by ashmur90; 12-20-10 at 09:54 PM.
    12-20-10 09:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD