05-10-10 10:40 AM
47 12
tools
    Weird issue. Why does this happen? I'm one of those that is curious as to not only the fix, but why this issue exists to begin with.
    03-26-09 09:22 AM
    I am having a similar problem. I am using the Today theme. The calendar shows today's appointments as:

10/28 Appt. with Mr. X
    10/28 Dr. appt
    10/28 Dinner with L

It used to show today's appointments as:

10:00 Appt. with Mr. X
    3:00 Dr. appt
    6:00 Dinner with L

I want it to show the time for today's appointments, like it used to do.

I am not understanding about the e-mail addresses. I am using two e-mail addresses with my Blackberry, but neither has a calendar. My calendar is in Outlook on one of our home computers.
    That is one of the failings of the Today theme. Turning the BB off and on resets the time for that day. When I used the Today theme (now using PocketDay), I had set auto-off at 0300 and auto-on at 0305 to solve that problem.
    03-26-09 12:06 PM
    Thanks... that worked perfectly. Excellent advice and very easy.
    03-26-09 12:06 PM
    THE SOLUTION:
    1. Go to Options - Advanced - Service Book
    2. You will see 2 items listed for every email account you have linked.
    3. Click on one of the email items to view its Service Record.
    4. DELETE the email item that has CICAL listed for CID.
    5. DO NOT delete the email item that has CMIME listed for CID.
    6. Do this for every email account you see listed there.

After you have completed this, you are good to go..
    This solved my issue where BDM wouldn't sync my calendar entries anymore...thanks
    03-28-09 08:31 PM
    [*]Go to Options - Advanced - Service Book[*]You will see 2 items listed for every email account you have linked.[*]Click on one of the email items to view its Service Record.[*]DELETE the email item that has CICAL listed for CID.[*]DO NOT delete the email item that has CMIME listed for CID.[*]Do this for every email account you see listed there.[/LIST]
    After you have completed this, you are good to go. I have not experienced any more issues with calendar events on the today theme home screen. The only functionality that I can see will be removed by following these instructions is that you will not be able to send invitations from a calendar event.

Do this because every other solution is just a temporary fix. I have tried everything and this is the only permanent solution to this issue.

Had the same problem and this fixed it instantly. Thanks so much!
    04-21-09 07:48 PM

THE SOLUTION:

After you have completed this, you are good to go. I have not experienced any more issues with calendar events on the today theme home screen. The only functionality that I can see will be removed by following these instructions is that you will not be able to send invitations from a calendar event.

Do this because every other solution is just a temporary fix. I have tried everything and this is the only permanent solution to this issue.
    Lost my entries after upgrading to 4.5 (yeah I know I am late).
    Works like a charm!!! Thanks
    05-11-09 11:16 AM
    Hi everyone, I took PsykoPup's suggestion, but now my calendar and my messages don't display on the home screen at all. It's just completely blank. I undid the change, undeleting the deleted service book but it's still blank. I've turned it on and off multiple times and done a battery pull, all for naught. Any ideas?
    06-20-09 09:48 AM
    I managed to get some of the functionality back. The messages now show up normally, but my calendar appts. are wonky. For instance, although all the appts. show up within the calendar if I click thru, the homepage will list 2 apparently random appts. Like, not today's appts. but 2 from the future, like months in the future. This seems to be the case regardless of the theme. I've used the BB today theme and the Javelin replica theme, both work the same way.

If anybody knows anything about this, I'd love to have your input.
    06-20-09 11:02 AM
    a7dk, I'm in the same boat as you!

Since I updated to .160 the only thing my today screen calendar shows is my friends birthday in february 2008!
    06-26-09 04:39 PM
    a7dk and angloman, I've been pulling my hair out with this same issue! I think I figured something out tonight, although I don't know what causes it or how to fix it!

On Wed my entries showed up as normal but on Thurs the entries changed to show birthdays for 2010 but not appointments I have later this month. Tonight I added an appointment for Mon and suddenly everything was fine again. I deleted that same appointment and the screen went back to 2010 birthdays. I made a test appointment for next week and things were okay... deleted it and it went wonky. So my theory is that if there is an appointment within a week, things show up normally - outside of a week, wonky. Hopefully that makes sense.

If this is the case, does anyone have any idea why this might be?? I never had a problem when I had a full calendar but unfortunately that isn't always the case. While it's nice to be reminded of next year's birthdays, it would be more helpful to see what's coming up later this month!
    07-18-09 12:26 AM
    I figured out a way to retrieive the info on the home screen for the today theme that does not require synching with Outlook, Google or anything other than using the BB Desktop manager. This problem happens when upgrading to version 4.5.0.138. What happens is it allows for multiple instances of you calendar based on how many email address you have on your device.

There is a design flaw in the way the upgrade is loaded. The entire device is wiped a reloaded alphabetically. Which means it's loading your calendar items before any email address are loaded, so it's got no other place to go but 'device default'. You cannot alter that once it's set, and the today theme does not recognize it as a calendar at all. Hence, all your dates are in the actual calendar, but not seen on the home screen. ANNOYING!

So, here's what I did to get it back:

1) Hopefully, you did a full backup of your device right before upgrading. If you don't have a fairly recent backup, you may not want to do this because your data will be too far out of date. Let's assume you did back up. I did it right before upgrading the OS out of fear that something like this may happen.

2) Connect your device to the BB desktop manager and do a full restore from your most recent restore file.

3) This will replace all of your email address in the calendar and wipe out the device default listing entirely. Unfortunately, it did it in alphabetical order again, so you are not done.

4) Do another restore from the same file (repeat step #2). This will now load the calendar into your original email address profile.

5) Once the 2nd restore is complete, go to options-advanced options-default services. Make sure the email address that you originally used to make your calendar is shown for both CICAL and CMIME.

6) Go back to your home screen and everything should be as it was, but with the new firmware.

I hope BB makes a fix to this, otherwise we will be going through this process everytime we upgrade the firmware.
    09-18-09 10:37 AM
    I figured out a way to retrieive the info on the home screen for the today theme that does not require synching with Outlook, Google or anything other than using the BB Desktop manager. This problem happens when upgrading to version 4.5.0.138. What happens is it allows for multiple instances of you calendar based on how many email address you have on your device.

There is a design flaw in the way the upgrade is loaded. The entire device is wiped a reloaded alphabetically. Which means it's loading your calendar items before any email address are loaded, so it's got no other place to go but 'device default'. You cannot alter that once it's set, and the today theme does not recognize it as a calendar at all. Hence, all your dates are in the actual calendar, but not seen on the home screen. ANNOYING!

So, here's what I did to get it back:

1) Hopefully, you did a full backup of your device right before upgrading. If you don't have a fairly recent backup, you may not want to do this because your data will be too far out of date. Let's assume you did back up. I did it right before upgrading the OS out of fear that something like this may happen.

2) Connect your device to the BB desktop manager and do a full restore from your most recent restore file.

3) This will replace all of your email address in the calendar and wipe out the device default listing entirely. Unfortunately, it did it in alphabetical order again, so you are not done.

4) Do another restore from the same file (repeat step #2). This will now load the calendar into your original email address profile.

5) Once the 2nd restore is complete, go to options-advanced options-default services. Make sure the email address that you originally used to make your calendar is shown for both CICAL and CMIME.

6) Go back to your home screen and everything should be as it was, but with the new firmware.

I hope BB makes a fix to this, otherwise we will be going through this process everytime we upgrade the firmware.
    Just wanted to say thanks!!! This worked. I had upgraded the OS and thought that my calander was gone...lol. I even called Sprint and they actually told me that they had no idea why (and also informed me that they searched the Crackberry forums and couldn't find a solution) LOL. I hung up with them and decided to do my own search again, and came up with this thread, which worked!!! Again thanks to all that have posted and helped!!
    10-21-09 12:27 AM
    Glad it worked for you and thanks for the feedback.
    10-21-09 02:23 PM
    THE SOLUTION:

Rut Row!! What happens if you delete the wrong one, like I probably did?? I think I deleted the wrong one. How do I fix this?? Thank you!
    11-10-09 12:53 PM

Rut Row!! What happens if you delete the wrong one, like I probably did?? I think I deleted the wrong one. How do I fix this?? Thank you!
    I think you can just log in to your BIS account via computer and resend service books. If that doesn't cause the particular email address to reappear, then you may have to delete that email address in your BIS account and readd it.
    11-10-09 02:18 PM
    Thank you, Justin! I will try that
    11-10-09 04:24 PM
    Thank you, Justin! I will try that
    Dang - well it worked to have BIS resend the service book, but my calendar is still not showing on my today theme

Any other suggestions?

TIA

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-09 06:32 PM
    The only calendar that will show on the Today screen is the default calendar. To show events on the Today screen, you must change your default calendar.

Go to calendar
    Menu
    Select calendar...
    Change the calendars and figure out which calendar contains all your events.

Now go to Options
    Advanced Options
    Default Services

Change the default calendar to what you found above.
    11-11-09 07:57 AM
    The only calendar that will show on the Today screen is the default calendar. To show events on the Today screen, you must change your default calendar.

Go to calendar
    Menu
    Select calendar...
    Change the calendars and figure out which calendar contains all your events.

Now go to Options
    Advanced Options
    Default Services

Change the default calendar to what you found above.
    Thank you for your help, Justin.. I really appreciate it! I am lost without my calendar showing up on my Today Theme!!

I had been doing the first step - trying to select the default calendar, but I didn't know to do the second step after.

What it says under the Options>Advanced>Default Services - it only gives me the Facebook option, not a default. I had went into BIS yesterday to have them resend the service book (CMIME), since I had accidentally deleted that email address - it's showing now under service book.. which I then deleted the CICAL - but now when I go into the Default Services, it shows Facebook for the CICAL..

So should I delete the Facebook CICAL?? If I do that, will the Default Calendar be an option or did I delete the Default CICAL?!?! Dang - I'm really not a techy ditz, but this is driving me crazy!

I wish I would of seeked your advice BEFORE I deleted the wrong email address!!

Thanks for the help, Justin!! I really do appreciate it!!
    11-11-09 10:38 AM
    Thank you for your help, Justin.. I really appreciate it! I am lost without my calendar showing up on my Today Theme!!

I had been doing the first step - trying to select the default calendar, but I didn't know to do the second step after.

What it says under the Options>Advanced>Default Services - it only gives me the Facebook option, not a default. I had went into BIS yesterday to have them resend the service book (CMIME), since I had accidentally deleted that email address - it's showing now under service book.. which I then deleted the CICAL - but now when I go into the Default Services, it shows Facebook for the CICAL..

So should I delete the Facebook CICAL?? If I do that, will the Default Calendar be an option or did I delete the Default CICAL?!?! Dang - I'm really not a techy ditz, but this is driving me crazy!

I wish I would of seeked your advice BEFORE I deleted the wrong email address!!

Thanks for the help, Justin!! I really do appreciate it!!
    I am not sure about the Facebook calendar. I didn't check that option when I installed Facebook. From my experience, deleting a CICAL service book, will only remove the association those events have with that email address or in this case Facebook. It will then associate all those events with the generic Device Default calendar. This default is a catch all for events that don't have an associated email addy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-09 10:55 AM
    If you're frustrated with keeping up with CICAL service books and want an easy way to maintain a "merged" or "consolidated" default calendar, I would recommend a utility like CalendarSync.

I use this utility to keep all my "POP" email address calendars synced into my BES calendar and now events from all my calendars can easily be shown on the Today screen.
    01-25-10 01:58 PM
    I just experienced this problem and went seaching for an answer. Mrpeanut's solution from page one worked like a charm - when you enter an appointment, save it by clicking the trackball and choosing save, not by hitting the back button and choosing save. Any appointment that I had previously done by clicking the back button didn't show up. But if I reentered it and saved it by clicking the trackball, it showed up on the Today theme. I know that at one point it had been working the old way, because that's the way I always did it. I'm not sure what changed, but it stopped working, and the new "save" method works now. This was certainly a lot easier than some of the more convoluted - and somewhat scary, for a Blackberry newbie - solutions that were offered, although I'm sure they work for some people. I would just encourage people to try this very simple solution first.
    05-10-10 10:40 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD