Hey guys,

Just finished install OS6 final version. I heard its slow and stuff, which I find true. I am willing to give it a chance to settle in etc.

Anyone have a way I can do this, like maybe battery pulls every now and then, let it sit for X hours?

Your help is loved!

Thanks,
    detta123
    01-26-11 08:58 PM
    i always hear hear do several battery pulls and give it a few days to 'settle' in...although i never understood how electronic stuff like that could settle in
    01-26-11 09:15 PM
    3 Battery pulls of at least 30 seconds is a mandatory thing for me after OS install. After the battery pulls just go about your business. The reason we say let the OS settle in is because while it is settling in. i It may run laggy and slow so this shouldn't be the time to get frustrated its supposed to be that way when you install a fresh OS. You don't have to do anything other than what you normally do. Just take into consideration that it will run this way for the first day or so its expected.

I loaded .431 and was surprised at how quickly it seemed to settle so you should be good the battery pulls and about 24 hours or so. Have fun with it! I know i am!
    01-26-11 09:17 PM
    Did you Shrink the OS pre install? If not use BB Boss.
    It trims the excess baggage of the OS and helps it run a lot smoother. i

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-11 09:20 PM
    I do 2-3 battery pulls of thirty seconds within the first couple of hours of installing a new os. Then let it settle in for a day or so. This is a solid OS, smooth and snappy.

01-26-11 09:31 PM
    Tip: If you want to read the Browser, roll back to OS5.
    01-26-11 09:39 PM
    The browser is disappointing. I just installed it. I just don't get how RIM can't seem to get that key app right...Disappointing.
    01-26-11 09:43 PM
    Thanks for the help guys. And yes, I did Slim the OS. I removed alot of stuff, but after install, on OS5, I saw I had like 325MB of space, on OS6, I have 256MB free o.0

Is that normal? Is OS6 bigger?
    01-26-11 10:16 PM
    Yes OS 6 is slightly bigger. MR2 was 113MB and MR3 is now 157MB. Even with the shrinking it will be bigger than a skrunken OS5. As BB prince said this OS is very solid. Browser works fine for me i don't know why others are having "ISSUES"
    01-26-11 10:25 PM
    Tip: If you want to read the Browser, roll back to OS5.
    Another Tip: If you want to stay with BB6 and don't like the native browser, install Bolt. It works well and can be read.
    01-27-11 12:43 AM
    Did you Shrink the OS pre install? If not use BB Boss.
    It trims the excess baggage of the OS and helps it run a lot smoother. i

So what do you personally remove from the OS before installing?

I have 6 already installed but am contemplating shrinking and reinstalling.

TIA
    01-28-11 08:23 PM
    I remove app world, application center, all the vcast crap and really all the vzw crap, all languages, videos, backgrounds, all games, voice activated dialing, voice notes recorder, all the docs to go, all the social networking stuff except for BBM and Facebook and a few more. After my install of BB6 I had 283.9 MB free.
    Last edited by princebb; 01-28-11 at 08:41 PM.
    01-28-11 08:38 PM
    Browser works fine for me i don't know why others are having "ISSUES"
    I agree. It definitely isn't the best mobile browser out there and probably falls pretty low on the scale of smartphone browsers... but I don't see how the OS5 browser is better than what's in OS6. I haven't had any problems with stability or page rendering and at least it has some additional features now.
    01-28-11 09:11 PM
    I remove app world, application center, all the vcast crap and really all the vzw crap, all languages, videos, backgrounds, all games, voice activated dialing, voice notes recorder, all the docs to go, all the social networking stuff except for BBM and Facebook and a few more. After my install of BB6 I had 283.9 MB free.
    How do you remove the VZ Vcast stuff?
    01-29-11 08:25 AM
    I installed os6 about a week or two ago and it's still running really slow, after the phone sits for about a minute and I try to use it the phone seems to just be "froze" for about 8-10 sec before it actually responds to me pressing a button!!! It's really starting to **** me off especially when i'm at work and trying to use it for work purposes. If this doesn't get fixed soon I'll be saying goodbye to BB.

Oh yeah I have done 3 or 4 battery pulls already too, what else can I do???
    01-29-11 08:49 AM
    Whats the best method to shrink down the OS?
    01-29-11 11:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD