Is there a way to get threaded text messaging on the Tour without having to download one of the leaked 5.0's?

Can I just download an app or something like that?

I have it on my 9700 and now my bf is jealous and wants it on his Tour lol.

Any info pleaseeeee... thanks!
    11-14-09 02:21 AM
    I'm pretty sure there isn't an app that does that. Your bf needs to dl 5.0 for threaded text.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-09 03:34 AM
    There is a app for threaded text, It should be released soon .. I've been testing out the beta and it works perfect.. by the way I have 5.0 hybrid but i prefer the app better then the built in threaded text.. Clean layout, Simple UI ( just like the Iphone) , Customizable and themes... Its in the 3rd party app thread ( the developer is Ani)

Here is the link
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/new...kberry-343527/

Some people have commented on the icon due to it wont blend with every theme .. I use the app magicicon ( which goes for 99cents or 1.50) you can change the icon to what ever you like , so it will blend in with any theme you use ....
    Last edited by jsanta11; 11-14-09 at 04:12 AM.
    11-14-09 04:07 AM
    Is there a way to get threaded text messaging on the Tour without having to download one of the leaked 5.0's?

think the app is called empowered sms
    11-14-09 07:12 AM

yep there is and the empower sms true threaded text is now available for a free trial and if you like it you can purchase it for 2.99 for a limited time offer with the code that she provided in the forums...so look for true threaded sms text forum and go to the last page..her name is ani. It looks beautiful on my S2!
    11-14-09 07:32 AM

Here is the info from the threaded text messaging forum...i had mentioned in a previous post here to check the last page but figured that by the time you went to look at the last page..the last page would be something else so here you are. Enjoy and I hope it works for you!

Dear All,
    Wait over!

Empower Threaded SMS, a true threaded SMS app for BlackBerry is now available. Now instead of just a simple list, you can view your SMS neatly as "conversations" grouped by individual Contacts. And, just like the iPhone SMS, you can view each conversation in IM style and reply like in SMS chat.

How to Install: Please point your BlackBerry Browsers to Empower Apps or to computer browser to Empower HTML Email Viewer, Blackberry Threaded SMS and more for a trial install. The app is also available in CrackBerry AppStore!

Thanks much to the beta team who helped test it out and improved it with their feedback.. Jason, Eric, Ryan, Jimmy, Nick and everyone else - it was nice working with you...

For everyone else.. here is an inaugural discount! Just type the code tsms50offcb when you purchase and get a cool 50% OFF! Please note, this code expires in 3 days, so please make sure you use it before it expires.

Thanks & Regards,
    Ani.
    11-14-09 10:39 AM
    Thanks guys!

Do I have to make it look like the iPhone one?

There was three steps... the first was download the threaded messaging addon, then download the iPhone something or other..

Do it has to look like iPhone? Or can I just do step one and it will look like basically bbm 5?
    11-14-09 01:10 PM
    This app looks like a lot of fun. However, could you make the text bolder for the 9630? The Tour always makes text smaller and lighter than it appears on other BBs. Can hardly read the messages, they are so very light. Size is OK, just need thicker lines.
    11-14-09 01:52 PM
    I tried a few apps that did this. I didn't like any of them. They were all kind of a hassle and just didn't feel "official" it's already threaded anyway in a way. As far as reading the messages.
    11-14-09 03:53 PM
    There was another app as well. Dont remember the name but it left the sms notifications on the phone and you had to manually mark them open.
    11-14-09 05:06 PM
    Warning: don't try that new Empower SMS Cr-app. After downloading the app, emopower & theme and rebooting I got a 552 error = epic fail Installing these from the OTA link let to my first nuked BB, thankfully I backed up and now have to wipe and restore. Hasn't happened with any app to date, beta or not. Tour (was) running OS 4.7.1.61. Lesson learned, never again touch a beta app with a 100 foot pole...
    Last edited by dohturdima; 11-14-09 at 06:43 PM.
    11-14-09 06:19 PM
    Warning: don't try that new Empower SMS Cr-app. After downloading the app, emopower & theme and rebooting I got a 552 error = epic fail Installing these from the OTA link let to my first nuked BB, thankfully I backed up and now have to wipe and restore. Hasn't happened with any app to date, beta or not. Tour (was) running OS 4.7.1.61. Lesson learned, never again touch a beta app with a 100 foot pole...
    NOT TRUE!!!
    I have a Tour running 4.7 and just by following the OTA links it was super easy and a great find. The app is pretty customizable. You can choose font type, size, color and choose the bubble color that the text comes up in. Its totally worth the 3 bucks. I actually downloaded all 3 OTA links and then bought it like 10 min later from app store. Works great. Glad I don't have to wait for 5.0 to get this.
    It does show up like the iphone SMS, however there are a few new themes coming to allow you to choose how it will look.
    Only thing I haven't figured out yet is how to make the tone that rings when new SMS comes different.

11-14-09 09:01 PM
    NOT TRUE!!!
    I have a Tour running 4.7 and just by following the OTA links it was super easy and a great find. The app is pretty customizable. You can choose font type, size, color and choose the bubble color that the text comes up in. Its totally worth the 3 bucks. I actually downloaded all 3 OTA links and then bought it like 10 min later from app store. Works great. Glad I don't have to wait for 5.0 to get this.
    It does show up like the iphone SMS, however there are a few new themes coming to allow you to choose how it will look.
    Only thing I haven't figured out yet is how to make the tone that rings when new SMS comes different.

I downloaded everything, it worked but unfortunately there is no audible alerts so I have to keep looking at the damn phone to see if I got a text...which makes a lil anxious because it wasn't working before and now I don't know if it is or isn't working because I keep looking and there is nothing there. I sent a test text from online and I did get a text in return but it would be nice to have an audible alert.
    11-14-09 09:47 PM
    I tried a few of them like I said and all the ones I tried was separate from my real SMS inbox and I'd have to look at it in this app and it didn't look as good and just wasn't as easy and didn't work as good as the real thing.

I mean the real thing is threaded anyway. You just can't reply like an instant message. this is why me and my girlfriend use BB messenger to talk.
    11-14-09 10:36 PM
    Mine makes audible noise...like 2 beeps. Want to be able to change the sound

11-14-09 10:42 PM
    NOT TRUE!!!

And you know this how, genius? Fact of the matter is, it IS TRUE - I spent over an hour yesterday wiping & restoring my OS, settings and 3rd party apps because of this POS app.

Truth of the matter is, every time you install an app (especially a beta) there is a risk it won't play nice either with your OS or other 3rd party apps (I suspect Smrtguard but don't know for sure) and nuke your berry. If you were able to install this SMS app without a hitch don't automatically assume that it didn't cause problems for someone else. I am just trying to pass a fair warning along to others: if you are thinking of downloading this app, back up your settings and 3rd party apps first.
    11-15-09 08:06 AM
    And you know this how, genius? Fact of the matter is, it IS TRUE - I spent over an hour yesterday wiping & restoring my OS, settings and 3rd party apps because of this POS app.

Truth of the matter is, every time you install an app (especially a beta) there is a risk it won't play nice either with your OS or other 3rd party apps (I suspect Smrtguard but don't know for sure) and nuke your berry. If you were able to install this SMS app without a hitch don't automatically assume that it didn't cause problems for someone else. I am just trying to pass a fair warning along to others: if you are thinking of downloading this app, back up your settings and 3rd party apps first.
    Warning is one thing, why would I care if you wouldn't touch empowered products with a 100 ft pole?
    And Not True was strictly in response to you claim that it doesn't work on Tour, running 4.7.
    Guess you have your own issues.

11-15-09 08:36 AM
    Warning is one thing, why would I care if you wouldn't touch empowered products with a 100 ft pole?
    And Not True was strictly in response to you claim that it doesn't work on Tour, running 4.7.
    Guess you have your own issues.

I said "beta" not "empowered products". And I also mentioned that there was a potential conflict with a 3rd party app, and that it may work for others if they are willing to take the risk and backup prior in my follow up post. Stop shilling and learn to read
    11-15-09 08:40 AM
    Well I haven't received texts from people. So I decided to perform an experiment. I asked people who I didn't contact 1st to send me SMS. I saw that they were blocked but I never received them in the empower app. It works if you send SMS and wait for response. I just reverted back to original way. And shilling is a terrible term. Maybe beef up your vocab.

Last edited by scallywag1; 11-15-09 at 11:48 PM.
    11-15-09 11:46 PM
    I think i will stick with the threaded SMS in the leaked OS5.0
    11-16-09 01:12 AM
    And shilling is a terrible term. Maybe beef up your vocab.

Maybe you ought to work on yours See? It's real and in this case a perfectly apt description of your posts' content on the subject.
    Last edited by dohturdima; 11-16-09 at 06:17 AM.
    11-16-09 06:14 AM
    I have a threaded sms question and don't want to start a new topic..

I have 5.0.0.238 on my Bold.. and when i text a bit my inbox displays user like this.

User1 (Work) 13:00
    User2 (Mobile) 13:02
    User3 (Home) 13:05

Is there a way to have it displayed without (work/mobile/home)? I would like it to be just user and time..

E.g.:
    User1 13:00

Anyone?
    11-18-09 06:08 AM
    The app has been fixed. When u go to options ringtones got to other and there u can change the settings. Here's the new links.
    Delete all 3 (thread mess, bubble, and central) then reboot. Follow this link Empower Apps and enjoy.
    Support sent this email to me earlier today. Wanted to make sure it all worked before I posted.

11-19-09 11:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD