I just lost all my SMS messages because I didn't realise that ending a threaded sms chat DELETES all your past texts.

This is such a stupid feature. This literally means you always had chats open in SMS/BBM. Sometimes one of each from the same person. Who ever thought of this is a moron.

The option to end chat..and NOT lose all your past texts needs to be implemented into the next version of BBM
    02-13-10 11:37 PM
    You could just not use the contacts in BBM.. Then they always stay in your SMS inbox? Just an idea.
    02-14-10 02:51 AM
    I dont know about BBM itself, but if it's truly an SMS, you can delete individual messages. Simply go into the chat/message, scroll the cursor up to the line you want to delete, click the menu button, then select "delete message" then confirm. It'll only take out the line you're on.
    02-14-10 03:07 AM
    One other thing you can try. Go into your SMS box (where you see threaded messages) and press Alt + S. That should list the messages out individually. Delete the ones you want gone. Press Back and you should be back at the threaded view with only the messages you want to keep. This is a little "iffy" sometimes, but it usually works.
    02-14-10 10:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD