12-04-09 04:48 AM
132 1234 ...
tools
    I received a messenger request and attempted to follow the link to download...but I got this error:

Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support Blackberry Messenger for software versions 4.0 and 4.1

I'm confused!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    You cannot download BBM through OTA on your phone. It needs to be
    installed through Desktop Manager.
    07-19-09 04:01 PM
    I downloaded the link...and still don't have the BBM showing in the applications list.

Is the link for the os system suppose to put BBM in the Desktop Manager or must I do other steps?
    Last edited by SoBerrySexxy; 07-19-09 at 04:30 PM.
    07-19-09 04:24 PM
    I downloaded the link...and still don't have the BBM showing in the applications list.

Is the link for the os system suppose to put BBM in the Desktop Manager or must I do other steps?
    Go to Options>about on your phone. Whatever the third line reads is the OS
    you want to download on your PC and not your phone.

Then go to Desktop Manager on your PC and follow the instructions I provided.
    07-19-09 04:33 PM
    for those of you that are wanting to switch back to old BBM because of undelivered messages, theres a way to fix the undelivered message problem, found it in another thread....login to your BIS account and resend your service books, then on your phone goto Options>Advanced Options>Host Routing Table and then hit menu and select register now

I had the problems of messages not being delivered, and after i resent the service books and registered the host routing table, i havent had any more message delivery problems
    07-19-09 04:50 PM
    for those of you that are wanting to switch back to old BBM because of undelivered messages, theres a way to fix the undelivered message problem, found it in another thread....login to your BIS account and resend your service books, then on your phone goto Options>Advanced Options>Host Routing Table and then hit menu and select register now

I had the problems of messages not being delivered, and after i resent the service books and registered the host routing table, i havent had any more message delivery problems
    I did the same thing multiple times and it only resolves the issue for a short while....
    07-19-09 04:56 PM
    I downloaded the os to my pc...I connected to desktop manager...clicked application loader and It's not showing BBM as a choice of being added.

I also did the restore process one, and I still don't have BBM back on my phone.
    07-19-09 04:59 PM
    I downloaded the os to my pc...I connected to desktop manager...clicked application loader and It's not showing BBM as a choice of being added.

I also did the restore process one, and I still don't have BBM back on my phone.
    Same thing happened to me. I had to wipe my phone and reload the OS.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...crucial_xtreme
    07-19-09 05:04 PM
    So when I wipe my phone am I going to be adding the os again to the pc, or will I then have to add the os to my phone? Sorry but this is the first time ever doing anything with this phone except the basics.
    07-19-09 05:12 PM
    So when I wipe my phone am I going to be adding the os again to the pc, or will I then have to add the os to my phone? Sorry but this is the first time ever doing anything with this phone except the basics.
    When you wipe the phone you're erasing the OS from your phone. After that
    as long as you have your OS installed on your PC follow the directions in that
    link I gave you.

If you've never done it before then I would suggest just sticking with the way
    your phone is right now or else you're running into the possiblity of bricking
    your phone.
    07-19-09 05:34 PM
    I definitely took your advice about leaving it the way it is...

But I just tried to use the browser to connect to the internet and now I don't even show the browser on my screen!!!! What has happened here?
    07-19-09 05:49 PM
    Send service books from your BIS account.

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw
    07-19-09 05:50 PM
    when i go to me blackberry app world its telling me i need 2 upgrade my server?
    plus i can not see my facebook notifications in the fb app
    07-19-09 05:52 PM
    How do I send service books???

Never mind...it's been a long day...
    07-19-09 05:55 PM
    How do I send service books???

Never mind...it's been a long day...
    Login to your BIS account. If you don't have one you should definetly make
    one. You'll see the option for Service Books when you login.
    07-19-09 05:58 PM
    I followed the directions in post #1 but all that did was reinstall the new one back and now ive lost all my contacts
    07-19-09 06:10 PM
    I did attempt to set one up and again I'm getting an error:

Your account is not accessible via HTML browser. Please use your device to access BlackBerry Internet Service.

Pertaining to the BIS account.
    07-19-09 06:15 PM
    U NEED 2 GO 2 This Forum it fixed my issues
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...17#post3099517
    07-19-09 06:20 PM
    I did attempt to set one up and again I'm getting an error:

Your account is not accessible via HTML browser. Please use your device to access BlackBerry Internet Service.

Pertaining to the BIS account.
    The e-mail setup icon on your device is also the same thing. You can login
    from there and send service books as well.
    07-19-09 06:24 PM
    No, that only shows me a list of my email address that I already have...
    07-19-09 06:27 PM
    No, that only shows me a list of my email address that I already have...
    Press the menu button and you'll see service books
    07-19-09 06:29 PM
    Before I drive myself crazy attempting this...what is the benefit of it?
    07-19-09 06:32 PM
    U NEED 2 GO 2 This Forum it fixed my issues
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...17#post3099517
    I'll try this method.....I'll try anything at this point
    07-19-09 06:33 PM
    Before I drive myself crazy attempting this...what is the benefit of it?
    Sending service books is always a good thing. Just restores your e-mail accounts
    and other things correctly such as your browser. Send them and your browser
    should come back.
    07-19-09 06:34 PM
    I followed the directions in post #1 but all that did was reinstall the new one back and now ive lost all my contacts
    Psiclne, to make things a little more clear for me. Did you install the bbm 5.0 using the DM method? If so you have to uninstall your current OS(the one you pasted the .alx and .cod files into) and reinstall it. If you dont do that you will just install 5.0 again.
    Not trying to step on your toes Forever......
    07-19-09 06:39 PM
    Psiclne, to make things a little more clear for me. Did you install the bbm 5.0 using the DM method? If so you have to uninstall your current OS(the one you pasted the .alx and .cod files into) and reinstall it. If you dont do that you will just install 5.0 again.
    Not trying to step on your toes Forever......
    Nah, no worries. You're right. This is probably the case.
    07-19-09 06:45 PM
132 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD