10-09-09 02:30 PM
32 12
tools
    I can also send a picture while in a chat. And I received a picture and didn''t have to download it. Wonder if this is because the person I was chatting with was not using BBM 5.0?

I kinda think I like the looks of the old BBM better, it just seemed cleaner and more straight forward. But then, I'm a little resistant to change in general, so I may get over that.

I really like the avatar and bar code scanning, though.
    That's correct, if your friend was not using BBM5 then you don't need to download them manually.

One thing to remind you, if your friend using BBM5 and they send you voice note/picture, you need to accept(download) them immediately otherwise it get expired in less than an hour (I have not figure out how long exactly before it actually expired). After it expired, you will need to ask them to resend you again.
    10-09-09 02:55 AM
    Does anyone know how to get the 5.0. beta version back on to a phone? I downloaded the official version and it sucks compared to the beta. Especially since I have an 8700 and I can't change the options on BBM.

I would just download the file and install it on the phone but I have a Mac. Which means I need a working OTA link for the BBM 5.0 beta version...any helpers? I'm running 4.5.0.162 by the way...
    10-09-09 03:33 AM
    Blackberry Apps/Hybrids by Lyricidal

Used the link on this site for my beta BBM 5.0.0.8 OTAs.
    10-09-09 09:40 AM
    i noticed that when sending a picture with the official version, you no longer have the option to add a picture description. Anyone else notice that?
    10-09-09 12:38 PM
    What do I do with the barcode thing? Do you email that to people you want to put on your buddy list or what?
    10-09-09 01:15 PM
    did anyone else's bbm smileys change? i know this sounds silly and trivial but my friends and i noticed it and we miss the old ones! i particularly miss the embarrassed smiley which looks different now. although the new bbm does have some cool symbols (like the beer mug) i liked the old ones better.

also, has anyone received pictures via bbm? with the old bbm, you could just view the pic, but now you have to download the file which takes ages.

i should mention i'm running 4.7.1.40 if that makes a difference at all.

other than that the new bbm is awesome! i'm just wondering if anyone else is seeing the changes i'm seeing, or noticing other ones as well?
    I definitely feel you on the smileys, that was like the first thing I noticed! Although I like there is more options, I think they look funny and liked the older versions better!
    10-09-09 02:23 PM
    has anyone else found that if the person is typing a message, it used to tell you. Now it is very sporadic. In fact, most of the time it doesn't tell you at all.
    10-09-09 02:30 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD