View Poll Results: Which of these native IM apps do you use?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Windows Live Messenger

2 40.00%
  • Yahoo Messenger

2 40.00%
  • AOL Instant Messenger (AIM)

1 20.00%
  • Google Talk

3 60.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Beside BlackBerry Messenger, which other native IM apps do you use?
    05-28-10 11:07 AM
    Google Talk is great! It has a nice format (like BBM) and never boots me. You can add and view others' avatars.
    AIM is terrible. Crappy format and constant boots.

i use both though because i know people on both.
    05-28-10 11:10 AM
    Google Talk is great! It has a nice format (like BBM) and never boots me. You can add and view others' avatars.
    AIM is terrible. Crappy format and constant boots.

i use both though because i know people on both.
    I never tried Google Talk on my BB or on my PC, since I don't know many people who use it.

I never used AIM at all. I used to use Windows Live Messenger, but only on my PC, never on my BB. I deleted my account, as well as my Hotmail address, over a year ago.

I mainly keep Yahoo Messenger to send pictures and other files to people who do not have a BB. That was the IM client most of my friends used on their PCs back in the day.
    05-28-10 11:15 AM
    Yahoo Messenger a lot, AIM/MSN/BBM sometimes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-10 12:20 PM
    I use GoogleTalk some. Havent used any others. I found GTalk booted me occasionally, but none of the above are even in the same league as BBM. Not even close.
    05-28-10 01:06 PM
    You need a "None" option. I've had a Beejive license for 3 years, but I find I only really use it to keep track of 1 person that's on Yahoo and GTalk. I don't IM with anyone else, and I use BBM with my family, or SMS with non-BB friends. I should probably sell my license for it. Hmm.
    05-28-10 03:00 PM
    rrrebo beat me to it. I was looking for a "None of the Above" option...there wasn't one (I so hate polls that don't have my answer, LOL). I simply don't wish to bother with texting much, that's why they invented TELEPHONES! I do use BBM a little bit, but try to avoid it as much as possible. I have email and a phone, texting/IMing is simply unnecessary and slow.
    05-28-10 03:20 PM
    rrrebo beat me to it. I was looking for a "None of the Above" option...there wasn't one (I so hate polls that don't have my answer, LOL). I simply don't wish to bother with texting much, that's why they invented TELEPHONES! I do use BBM a little bit, but try to avoid it as much as possible. I have email and a phone, texting/IMing is simply unnecessary and slow.
    Sorry. I did not include "none of the above" since I felt that folks who did not use the native IM apps would not respond.

I have friends in other countries. BBM or other IM is easier to use to chat with them in real time. Emails tend to get lower priority. Typically, one expects a 24 hour response to emails. IM typically gets an instant response if the person is available. (Of course, I do not send IMs to folks who are busy.) BBM or IM is great for avoiding voice/SMS fees when chatting with folks in other countries.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    05-30-10 12:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD