At some point in time while I was using the leaked version of BBM 5.0 I ended up with 2 contact categories. (Like I downgraded to the original version, then upgraded when BBM was having problems and messages weren't getting through. And I ended up with two categories that both said "contacts") I've looked all over in the menu for a "delete category" option but all I can find is a "rename category" or an "add category"

I don't have anyone to put in this extra category! haha. Help?

Thanks guys.
    10-08-09 03:21 PM
    You have to empty it first...
    10-08-09 03:57 PM
    You have to empty it first...
    I did. There is still no option to delete it. All my contacts are in one category, this other one is empty.
    10-08-09 04:10 PM
    Select it, open it, highlight it, try something...it should work.
    10-08-09 04:54 PM
    Select it, open it, highlight it, try something...it should work.
    Um, no. Nothing works. Why else do you think I'd ask this question here? For anyone else's reference, here is everything I've tried so far:

-highlight the category and find a delete option in the menu
    -highlight the category and press the delete button on my keyboard
    -highlight where it says "add contact" do do both options I used above.

I've tried pressing different buttons along with the delete button as well as trying to rename it and just leaving the title blank. (that got me an error message saying it HAD to have a name.)

So, I don't know how to delete this extra category outside of completely deleting BBM. It was a massive hassle to install this version to begin with so I'd rather not go that route.
    10-08-09 09:04 PM
    Um, no. Nothing works. Why else do you think I'd ask this question here? For anyone else's reference, here is everything I've tried so far:

-highlight the category and find a delete option in the menu
    -highlight the category and press the delete button on my keyboard
    -highlight where it says "add contact" do do both options I used above.

I've tried pressing different buttons along with the delete button as well as trying to rename it and just leaving the title blank. (that got me an error message saying it HAD to have a name.)

So, I don't know how to delete this extra category outside of completely deleting BBM. It was a massive hassle to install this version to begin with so I'd rather not go that route.
    I also have the same issue and I have not found a solution.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-09 10:32 PM
    I also have the same issue and I have not found a solution.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

The only two options I can see so far are to rename it so that I don't keep trying to open it.... or find more friends with BBs so I can MAKE it into a category! haha.
    10-15-09 01:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD