please let me know i want to try it.
    09-24-09 05:21 PM
    Not yet, but the version of 5.0 that was leaked long ago has been just fine and I've had it since day one.
    09-24-09 06:59 PM
    You can either wait forever for the official release or try the leaked BBM 5.0 now.
    BlackBerry Messenger 5.0 OTAs

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-09 07:42 PM
    this doesnt work for my phone
    09-24-09 08:21 PM
    I heard it was buggy as a summer windshield.... wait for the official release.
    09-25-09 01:04 AM
    this doesnt work for my phone
    yes it does. download the correct version for your phone/OS.
    09-25-09 01:39 AM
    its actually not that bad at all. the failed delivery issue is almost nonexistant.
    09-25-09 01:40 AM
    i like it the way it is, the only features missing are the stalker ones, map lookup of contacts and proximity alerts

09-25-09 01:52 AM
    the only problem i have with the current version thats available is that the chat history that it saves is limited. after a certain point it starts deleting past messages.
    09-25-09 05:00 AM
    theres the option in bbm5 to save history to SD card, save it there, what is most likely happening is that your device is getting low on memory and deleting messages, but if you save it to the sd card this will not be affected by low memory, bu tyes, if your memory gets low, the blackberry will begin to delete messages in an attempt to free up space.
    09-25-09 05:08 AM
    ^that shouldnt really have anything to do with it. i have absolutely nothing on the actual on board memory of the phone and it still deletes messages after the chat log reaches a certain length. when i first installed it, it worked fine for a couple days with saving to the SD card then it just got stuck on "searching" every time i went to the message history. plus i never let my file free go below 20 mb. i always do a battery pull when it gets close to that.
    09-25-09 06:06 AM
    You heard wrong, the leaked release works just fine. There's no guarantee that the official release wont have it's flaws. Do your homework.

Last edited by JD914; 09-25-09 at 07:46 AM.
    09-25-09 07:20 AM
    Does one need to have OS 5.0 installed?

Can I run this on my Bold with 4.6.0.297 ?

Thanks
    09-25-09 08:29 AM
    Does one need to have OS 5.0 installed?

Can I run this on my Bold with 4.6.0.297 ?

Thanks
    Actually it doesn't work with O.S 5.0 It will work with .297

09-25-09 08:41 AM
    Hi, i'm a new bbb user and hv a noob qns to ask cos I can't seem to find the ans using search.

Do I actually need to uninstall/remove the existing BBM on my device, before installing the new one? Or i can just download it OTA and it will overwrite it by itself?

N is there any difference btwn those so called 'official', 'beta' or 'leaked' version? Cos i'm really confused lol.

Thanks peeps!!
    10-10-09 11:27 AM
    Hi, i'm a new bbb user and hv a noob qns to ask cos I can't seem to find the ans using search.

Do I actually need to uninstall/remove the existing BBM on my device, before installing the new one? Or i can just download it OTA and it will overwrite it by itself?

N is there any difference btwn those so called 'official', 'beta' or 'leaked' version? Cos i'm really confused lol.

Thanks peeps!!
    You can download from the app world or you can also he here...point your browse to this URL

blackberry.com/messenger.
    10-10-09 11:43 AM
    You can download from the app world or you can also he here...point your browse to this URL

blackberry.com/messenger.

just to reconfirm that i do not have to delete my bbm 4.6 first? sorry if it sounds dumb.. cos the bb is too precious for me to do anything stupid
    10-10-09 11:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD