Hi, for the past little while I've been unable to use BBM with 2 of my contacts for whatever reason. It shows a little cell phone symbol beside their name on my BBM list, and when I "chat" with them, it sends a text instead of a BBM Message. When I receive texts from them, it shows as a BBM Message instead of a text message.. Like I said before, this is only with two of my contacts, the other 20 BBM contacts I have work like normal.

Anyone having this problem? How can I resolve this? It's kind of annoying.
    07-26-10 03:37 PM
    Thats a new feature of the OS 5.0 that merges the SMSs and the BBMs from the same person , i recommend you to go to their contacts profiles, click options, and then you click on Remove Contact Link. That should solve your problem
    07-26-10 03:44 PM
    And that's done how..?

If I highlight the persons name and click options I get "General Options" then Sort By:
    Seperators:
    Allow Duplicate Names:
    Confirm Delete:

If I go into the contact and click edit, it just allows me to edit their info.. There's no options button once you're actually in the contact.
    07-26-10 03:49 PM
    Or you could just take their BBM PIN out of the contact information. They will still be a contact on Messenger and it should then separate SMS from BBM.
    07-27-10 09:16 AM
    In BBM, go down to the contact (Make sure you are on the contact and not a conversation with them) and press the BB menu key.

From that menu, scroll down and you will see "Remove Link With Blackberry contact" or something like that. (Don't remember the verbage exactly).

The new version of BBM, currently in beta and closed to new users, gives you the option of displaying the SMS from contacts in BBM or not.
    07-27-10 11:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD