Any text messages that I get from my BBM contacts come through BBM now. There is a little cell phone icon next to it in BBM. Anyone have any ideas on how to stop this? It just started tonight!

Thanks!
    10-02-10 08:48 PM
    Any text messages that I get from my BBM contacts come through BBM now. There is a little cell phone icon next to it in BBM. Anyone have any ideas on how to stop this? It just started tonight!

Thanks!
    In BBM, under Options/Miscellaneous, is the box checked next to where it says "Show Test Messages From Contacts Linked With BlackBerry Contacts"?
    10-02-10 09:33 PM
    I don't have this problem...maybe its because I use crunchSMS for non BBMrz???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-10 01:23 AM
    I love the fact that it combines BBM contacts texts into one place. Other than that, I combine all messages into my message box.

10-03-10 02:06 AM
    In BBM, under Options/Miscellaneous, is the box checked next to where it says "Show Test Messages From Contacts Linked With BlackBerry Contacts"?

I don't have that option. Just trying something, I deleted one of the BBM contacts. Then went into my address book and took out the PIN for that contact. I then re-sent the invitation to that contact and it was accepted. When I go back to the address book, the PIN was back!

I have no idea what happened. I've read other places where this is a feature of BBM on newer versions. It's almost like my BBM updated itself!

My husband has the exact same phone. It doesn't do this on his phone.
    10-03-10 08:39 AM
    I love the fact that it combines BBM contacts texts into one place. Other than that, I combine all messages into my message box.
    It was really a fluke that I even found out that this was happening. I NEVER text anyone who is a BBM contact. It doesn't make sense. It's easier to use BBM. My husband keeps saying, "Why does it matter?" but it just DOES. I don't like it

It's just driving me crazy because my husband has the exact same phone and his text messages from me go to the "normal" place rather than BBM. I can't figure out why this started happening!
    10-03-10 08:47 AM
    Unlink the contacts
    10-03-10 07:46 PM
    The only way for a PIN that's added via BBM to be linked with a contact in your address book is for you to do it yourself.

Like MrLynd54 said: Open your BBM->Hit the BB Menu Button->Options->Miscellaneous->Uncheck 'Show Text Messages From Contacts Linked With Blackberry Contacts'

There is two ways SMS contacts can be viewed in BBM, one of which is mentioned above. Another way is to 'Invite a Contact' via BBM, and add the persons SMS mobile number.

10-05-10 11:26 PM

Thanks!
    Hi Shannon would u happen to know what version bbm u have, becuz they just came out with a new version just recently n the new version would have the option of linking ur text with bbm or not to link...here's my pin if u have questions ok 313ECDD7 the new version is 5.0.1.38

10-06-10 11:10 PM
    hi! i am having the same problem and it drives me crazy too. i am running v5.0.0.681, i recently updated last time i hooked up bb to pc. but since then i have been having the issue. i tried all the things mentioned above and some of the options are not available. like Options/Miscellaneous, -> "Show Test Messages From Contacts Linked With BlackBerry Contacts" this option doesn't exsist!

any ideas will really help.
    thanx
    10-08-10 10:13 AM
    hi! i am having the same problem and it drives me crazy too. i am running v5.0.0.681, i recently updated last time i hooked up bb to pc. but since then i have been having the issue. i tried all the things mentioned above and some of the options are not available. like Options/Miscellaneous, -> "Show Test Messages From Contacts Linked With BlackBerry Contacts" this option doesn't exsist!

any ideas will really help.
    thanx
    10-08-10 10:14 AM
    Like other posters have said, following the steps with BBM open:

Open your BBM->Hit the BB Menu Button->Options->Miscellaneous->Uncheck 'Show Text Messages From Contacts Linked With Blackberry Contacts'

This will fix your issue. It's not under the options menu in your home screen. You have to do this while BBM is open.
    10-08-10 10:35 AM
    Like other posters have said, following the steps with BBM open:

Open your BBM->Hit the BB Menu Button->Options->Miscellaneous->Uncheck 'Show Text Messages From Contacts Linked With Blackberry Contacts'

This will fix your issue. It's not under the options menu in your home screen. You have to do this while BBM is open.

This is quite odd. I just noticed this happening with me too. I would like to keep SMS and BBM messages separate as on my plan SMS is NOT free to send/receive whereas BBM messages are. Thanks to this odd feature, I think I will have to pay a bunch of money now to Robbers because I had no idea it would do this.

In options, the box is unchecked but still those contacts remain in my BBM. They also do not have PINs attached to their profiles (actually, they do have BBs but have not given me their pins).

There is no option to "remove contact link".

I have tried a battery pull to see if the unchecked box will be noticed by the OS on reboot.
    10-27-10 08:03 PM
    This is quite odd. I just noticed this happening with me too. I would like to keep SMS and BBM messages separate as on my plan SMS is NOT free to send/receive whereas BBM messages are. Thanks to this odd feature, I think I will have to pay a bunch of money now to Robbers because I had no idea it would do this.

In options, the box is unchecked but still those contacts remain in my BBM. They also do not have PINs attached to their profiles (actually, they do have BBs but have not given me their pins).

There is no option to "remove contact link".

I have tried a battery pull to see if the unchecked box will be noticed by the OS on reboot.
    Hey I just figured out why I had 2 text messaging contacts. The reason why is because I didn't know their pins when I added them. So, when adding their contacts, I thought that by "adding a text messaging contact" that it would send a message to them that would somehow get their pin automatically when they accepted the invite.

Turns out, all that does is add the contact to your BBM as an SMS contact. It annoys me when BB users do not set up their BBM or know how to get their pin. Is there no way to get someone's pin in the way I described above?
    10-27-10 08:08 PM
    Hey I just figured out why I had 2 text messaging contacts. The reason why is because I didn't know their pins when I added them. So, when adding their contacts, I thought that by "adding a text messaging contact" that it would send a message to them that would somehow get their pin automatically when they accepted the invite.

Turns out, all that does is add the contact to your BBM as an SMS contact. It annoys me when BB users do not set up their BBM or know how to get their pin. Is there no way to get someone's pin in the way I described above?
    Text them your PIN so that they can invite you? Other than that I haven't found one.
    02-01-11 01:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD