Hey every one, I'm trying to find a solution to my problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here's the deal: I am using a Bold 9700 on WIND Mobile in Canada and a MAC with OS X (10.6.4).

I was able to find the tethering settings through Google and I set up my tethering. Currently, I am able to connect my laptop through tethering, however when I do, my data is transferred over to my laptop and lose it through my BlackBerry, which means I lose BBM functionality, Email and all data. It's pretty much carried over from my BlackBerry to my Mac. Instead of having the data transferred over to my laptop I want it to be shared.

When my friend tethers using Rogers that is how his works. I don't know if I need to change any settings on my phone or if it is a network issue. I'm using MAC OS X (10.6.4). I tried the WIND livechat support and as you can imagine, they were useless and all they did is send me the steps to tether (which don't make sense and contradict themselves). I also requested a call back but I expect them to be just as useless.

I know we have some very informed people here and I am seeking your help. Thanks in advance!
    10-24-10 07:07 PM
    Hey every one, I'm trying to find a solution to my problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here's the deal: I am using a Bold 9700 on WIND Mobile in Canada and a MAC with OS X (10.6.4).

I was able to find the tethering settings through Google and I set up my tethering. Currently, I am able to connect my laptop through tethering, however when I do, my data is transferred over to my laptop and lose it through my BlackBerry, which means I lose BBM functionality, Email and all data. It's pretty much carried over from my BlackBerry to my Mac. Instead of having the data transferred over to my laptop I want it to be shared.

When my friend tethers using Rogers that is how his works. I don't know if I need to change any settings on my phone or if it is a network issue. I'm using MAC OS X (10.6.4). I tried the WIND livechat support and as you can imagine, they were useless and all they did is send me the steps to tether (which don't make sense and contradict themselves). I also requested a call back but I expect them to be just as useless.

I know we have some very informed people here and I am seeking your help. Thanks in advance!
    When you found those tethering settings on Google, did they involve changing your APN settings? (Settings < Advanced Settings < TCP/IP) if you go to that screen, you should have "APN Settings Enabled" checked and you should have broadband.windmobile.ca as your APN.

It's worth noting that WIND's APN is one of the few that requires a username and password so you'll need to have a username and password in those fields, and the "APN Authentication Enabled" box checked as well, however customer support usually ends up contradicting themselves, as they're trained to have you leave those blank.
    10-24-10 07:36 PM
    Thanks for the reply. No I didn't have the APN settings set up on my phone. I added them now using my phone number and my pin from wind as username and password as the pdf CSR sent me suggested but still the same issue. Do i need to add the APN settings on my Mac too? In the pdf they sent me it shows options that i don't have on my mac so i can't find a way to add the APN settings on my mac.
    10-25-10 12:24 AM
    Thanks for the reply. No I didn't have the APN settings set up on my phone. I added them now using my phone number and my pin from wind as username and password as the pdf CSR sent me suggested but still the same issue. Do i need to add the APN settings on my Mac too? In the pdf they sent me it shows options that i don't have on my mac so i can't find a way to add the APN settings on my mac.
    If it's a macbook, bring it to wind and have them assist you, that would make it a lot easier.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-10 12:55 AM
    Depending on what your using to tether to the device on your Mac, you may or may not need to configure those settings, If your using an app like Tether, You won't need to configure that manually, Tether will take care of it for you.

If your tethering via the Mac connectivity manager (System Preferences < Network) there is a way to configure that manually, you'll have to use the app which is used for dialing up to a dial up connection (the name of it escapes me, I've not needed to use it for a while, I do apologise.) it'll open itself on it's own, and there is a spot where you can configure the username and password, which is where you'll enter the same values you entered for your APN on the device itself.

It may not be a bad idea to see if someone at a WIND retail store will help you get this set either, They'll be able to (possibly) help a bit more than we can.
    10-25-10 09:33 AM
    When you found those tethering settings on Google, did they involve changing your APN settings? (Settings < Advanced Settings < TCP/IP) if you go to that screen, you should have "APN Settings Enabled" checked and you should have broadband.windmobile.ca as your APN.

It's worth noting that WIND's APN is one of the few that requires a username and password so you'll need to have a username and password in those fields, and the "APN Authentication Enabled" box checked as well, however customer support usually ends up contradicting themselves, as they're trained to have you leave those blank.
    Ok, so using my iPod touch and iBluever, I don't know if you know it, I was able to add the APN settings on my phone and on my iPod and it worked! I was able to send and receive data both on my iPod and my Bold. But for some reason this only worked once and I am no longer able to recreate this. Now it transfers the data services over to the iPod and I lose the data on my BB.

This sucksss..I tried it over and over again, I don't understand why it worked at first and stopped. Doesn't make sense

I will try to look into adding APN settings on my mac. My main issue is actually the iPod, it's what I care about to work more than the laptop.

Thanks again for your helpp!
    Last edited by mike1089; 10-25-10 at 09:55 AM.
    10-25-10 09:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD