Hello folks.

I was wondering if there is a way to temporarily block BBM's from coming in from selected contacts in BBM without deleting them outright.

I'm currently running OS6 on a 9780. My issue and need is a simple one. I often apply my status as "BUSY" within BBM when I am involved in something important but need to keep my phone on because of calls I am expecting. Most people respect the BBM icon but to some it is an invitation to ask me what's up and it is unfortunate that applying a Busy statys does not temporarily disable incoming BBM's.

I don't want to delete the contacts, I was just wondering if there was a way that anyone knows of to block either all incoming BBM's or selectively block users that don't respect the busy status without deleting the appp or deleting the contact outright.

Now there would be a nice feature to integrate into future editions of BBM wouldn't it? Whereby actually putting your status as "Busy" blocks the incoming BBM's.

I hope someone can assist. Thank you in advance for your assistance
    01-17-11 08:03 AM
    No. There isn't.
    01-17-11 09:11 AM
    No. There isn't.
    Mama is correct, you either have to delete the bbm contact or...and someone please correct me if this is wrong, you can block all PIN messages which I bellieve will solve this issue. Then when you're no longer busy, you can unblock the PIN messages.

01-17-11 09:18 AM
    No. PIN messages are different from BBM.

Personally, (for me) I don't see what the big deal is. If you are "busy", simply ignore the message until your aren't "busy".

Sometimes someone might send you a message when they are available (even if you aren't available) so that you will get it when you ARE available. They might no be available later to send it to you when you aren't "busy".

I don't get the whole "people should 'respect' the 'busy' status" stuff. ??
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-17-11 10:15 AM
    Just turn the data part of your service of. Manage Connections > Mobile Network Options

Granted, this turns off ALL data, but no bbm messages will come through and you can still use your phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-11 10:21 AM