I know that when someone clicks on the message it will show up with an R. But if someone opens bbm they can see the start of your message under your name without actually opening up the conversation so it still shows a D so they can blank you. Does the R come up if they open bbm or if they open the actual conversation? Because if it only comes up when you open the conversation its rather pointless.
    06-26-11 03:28 PM
    I'm almost positive it's only when someone opens the conversation. Don't see how that's pointless at all... What if you open bbm and don't want to read that persons message yet, or don't have time or something.

Plus, you havent really read the message if you just see the preview, and if you have multiple conversations waiting, as soon as you open bbm, all of them would send the "R" even if your not reading/replying to that convo (and then what happens when you only have to time to read the most important, or the top one? People like you start sending bbms asking why your contacts haven't replied even though it says "R")
    06-26-11 03:51 PM
    Correct, only when the individual conversation is opened, and for those exact reasons.
    06-26-11 04:08 PM
    When i have a BBM i look at it and if i have time i replay if not i will say BWYIM-(Be With You In a Moment) TTYIM-(Talk To you In a Moment) so in that way thy know im not ignoring them but im to busy to replay .
    But if they insist on answer they BBM i ignore them cause already i read they MSG

Ping Me !
    06-26-11 04:12 PM
    I personally feel, on a consumer device, the Read notification should have an option to toggle it off. I like messaging clients/services that allow me to go invisible. Many would argue that it only takes a few moments to reply, but when you have several contacts that you correspond with frequently, it can get overwhelming. And it's a rare contact who doesn't at some level feel they are entitled to responses on a faster timetable than you'd wish to accommodate.

At the enterprise level there is a definite need for it (ie. confirming an employee has been notified of a mission critical change), but at the consumer level it can generate headaches.
    06-26-11 05:18 PM
    ^I agree, and a lot of people feel the same way. And it is annoying when people say, 'hey you read my message, why don't you reply to me?!?!"
    Personally though, I like the D/R stuff, and I usually reply quickly, but it would be disastrous if the R symbol was sent every time I opened BBM, even if I didn't open a conversation.
    06-26-11 05:36 PM
    ^I agree, and a lot of people feel the same way. And it is annoying when people say, 'hey you read my message, why don't you reply to me?!?!"
    Personally though, I like the D/R stuff, and I usually reply quickly, but it would be disastrous if the R symbol was sent every time I opened BBM, even if I didn't open a conversation.
    If you have the option to save your conversations enabled, to read a message without opening it click on their name and select 'View chat history' I only learned this a few weeks ago.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-11 07:37 PM
    If you have the option to save your conversations enabled, to read a message without opening it click on their name and select 'View chat history' I only learned this a few weeks ago.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I was told you can turn off your radio, open the message and read it, then turn the radio back on after you exit out of the message and it'll still show D and not R.
    06-28-11 09:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD