Well, I just got a brand new Torch, as a warranty replacement from Rogers.
    Now all my BBM contacts are missing!
    Is there any way to recover those contacts if I don't have access to my old phone, and some of the BBM contacts don't have an address book entry?
    03-10-12 10:57 AM
    well, if u did a backup on dm before u got your new phone, youre bbm contacts should come back if u do a restore from the old one. when i changed my old 9810 to a new one, they came back np even if i had a new pin
    03-10-12 11:19 AM
    Although this will likely not help now, I always do the occasional backup of BBM contacts within the application and I back it up to the SD card. That way if my BlackBerry dies an unexpected death, when I put the card in the new phone I can restore from the card.
    Won't help you out now, but something to keep in mind for the future.
    03-10-12 11:32 AM
    Although this will likely not help now, I always do the occasional backup of BBM contacts within the application and I back it up to the SD card. That way if my BlackBerry dies an unexpected death, when I put the card in the new phone I can restore from the card.
    Won't help you out now, but something to keep in mind for the future.
    yes thats a smart move for sure...i also do that when i update the bbm app when they release an updated version
    03-10-12 11:53 AM
    No backup for ur contacts pretty much ur sol.
    03-10-12 12:13 PM
    Do you have BBProtect? oh wait you said that not all of them are linked with BB Contacts . if they were in your BB Contacts then BBP does an auto backup for ya.
    03-10-12 02:10 PM
    Well, somehow it seems to have restored them all, though for each one I have to send a PIN update, oh well...
    UPDATE: Only the ones that aren't in my contacts I have to send a PIN update to...
    03-10-12 02:18 PM
    Is'nt therea way to restore your old bbm contacts by using ur old bbm's pin
    06-11-13 02:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD