Quick little question, what's the difference between 'AT&T' and AT&T in regards to the service on the top of the homescreen above the clock? Why does it show the either or? Is one roaming and the other not? I only noticed this on OS6.

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-11 12:39 PM
    are you saying the one has AT&T and the other is 'AT&T' (quotations?) i don't think there is any difference if that's the case. Also AT&T will never hold you responsible for roaming charges so long as you never leave the country. Sometimes if you are near a border and pick up another carrier accross the border, you will see charges on ur bill but a phone call to at&t will fix those charges every time
    01-25-11 12:54 PM
    I've never seen 'AT&T' in quotations. It looks like this on my home screen.

If you are concerned about roaming, turn off data services when roaming.

01-25-11 01:10 PM
    are you saying the one has AT&T and the other is 'AT&T' (quotations?) i don't think there is any difference if that's the case. Also AT&T will never hold you responsible for roaming charges so long as you never leave the country. Sometimes if you are near a border and pick up another carrier accross the border, you will see charges on ur bill but a phone call to at&t will fix those charges every time
    Yes, one with quotations, one without. I'm not worried about roaming, just wondered what the diFference is...

01-25-11 02:38 PM
    i dont know if there really is a difference... wouldnt worry about it
    01-25-11 04:03 PM
    It could be a bug. Telus did that a few times, so I did a battery pull and it vanished. Could just be a duplicate listing of your carrier.

01-25-11 08:43 PM
    Never seen the quotations brah
    01-25-11 09:12 PM
    I noticed the same thing after updating to the latest leak.
    01-25-11 10:31 PM
    I noticed the same thing after updating to the latest leak.
    I do not see it, and I'm running 9700/6.0.0.448. I posted a screenshot of my homepage earlier.

01-25-11 10:35 PM
    Not sure what caused it. Doesn't seem to cause any issues. Just thought it was kinda weird.

01-25-11 11:50 PM
    Mine is doing the same....on 3G its ('AT&T') on EDGE its (ATT) no (&) ?? lol pretty strange but isn't causing any harm....
    01-26-11 09:02 AM
    Are any of you who are seeing 'AT&T' or ATT using AT&T Mobile Hotspot? I shrunk it out of my OS, along with a lot of other stuff.

I have never used AT&T Mobile Hotspot, so I do not know if that is what you are seeing.
    01-26-11 09:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD