Hello everyone. It's my first post here, bc I never had the BB service on my old 8900.

I'm leaving this Thursday evening to Trinidad for my brother's wedding, and just got off the phone with T-Mobile and was told I would be charged .20 for every message received and .35 for every message sent on BBM.

Is there a loop hole around this??? I'm not very familiar with this phone just yet, but would like to know if there's a way that I could turn off my T-Mobile network, and stay connected via WiFi while I'm at the hotel or something like that.

Can anyone walk me through it? If so, will it work?

Thanks,
    Erick
    06-28-11 02:03 PM
    I Have T-Mobile too, went travel to PANAMA, I used Cable&Wireless Pre Pay Data Plan($10), That let used my BBM and a local Number also Tex, Make sure that you call T-Mobile and Ask for the SIM Unlock Request... If you need to cal USA, just use UMA and you be complete...
    06-28-11 02:38 PM
    Not sure if that answers my question exactly... anyone else? I wanted to avoid having to make any adjustments to my plan.
    06-28-11 03:12 PM
    I Have T-Mobile too, went travel to PANAMA, I used Cable&Wireless Pre Pay Data Plan($10), That let used my BBM and a local Number also Tex, Make sure that you call T-Mobile and Ask for the SIM Unlock Request... If you need to cal USA, just use UMA and you be complete...
    Thank you; are you Panameo?
    06-28-11 03:12 PM
    James, the best solution is to buy an unlocking code for your device and purchase a local SIM. You'll need unlock the phone or it will reject the BB. It will cost you to send messages but not to receive and if you checkout the best operators before you go you can work out the cost.

Most operators will provide you with a roaming pay as you go plan so you would be able to post photos to friends and family free on Facebook or even BBM.

The other reason for doing this is, since you travelling out of the European Union there is no cut off to roaming charges, and thesencan cost you hundreds of pounds.
    06-28-11 05:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD