Hey guys, my close friend has been using the 83xx red curve for AT&T for about a year now & we have yet to figure out how to get the bbm working. She's using T-Mobile service on the phone her internet and everything works except for bbm...what's the solution here? Service books? If so, can I get pointed in the right direction because I can not find a solid solution. All she wants is bbm!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-10 03:54 PM
    When she tries to run BBM what error message does she get?
    02-15-10 04:05 PM
    no error message. cant add people at all, it sends the invitation but no response on other peoples bbm list.
    02-15-10 09:32 PM
    no error message. cant add people at all, it sends the invitation but no response on other peoples bbm list.
    Are you sure they just do not want to accept your invitation?

If people send you an invitation, are you able to add them?
    02-15-10 09:56 PM
    does she have a BIS account? you must have blackberry data added to the account in order to use BBM.
    02-15-10 11:27 PM
    lol yea im sure, we tried the invitation with my phone & i never received it.

i'll ask her about the BIS. i know she has the internet package for T-Mobile but the phone is AT&T...if she has BIS service for T-Mobile it should work on the AT&T phone without changing any settings??
    02-16-10 12:32 AM
    lol yea im sure, we tried the invitation with my phone & i never received it.

i'll ask her about the BIS. i know she has the internet package for T-Mobile but the phone is AT&T...if she has BIS service for T-Mobile it should work on the AT&T phone without changing any settings??
    she needs to have a BIS account and the phones IMEI and PIN need to be added to her account. then Blackberry data and BBM will work after the service books are sent. if she just has the regular t-zones internet, it wont work.
    02-16-10 03:29 AM
    she needs to have a BIS account and the phones IMEI and PIN need to be added to her account. then Blackberry data and BBM will work after the service books are sent. if she just has the regular t-zones internet, it wont work.
    Great, thanks. I'll let her know. I didn't know T-Mobile was able to send out the service books OTA.

02-16-10 03:48 AM
    Great, thanks. I'll let her know. I didn't know T-Mobile was able to send out the service books OTA.

they can do it OTA, you can do it from your device in the Email Setup menu or you can log into the carriers BIS site and do it from there. bottom line is if she doesnt have a Blackberry Data plan, she cant use blackberry data services including certain apps and BBM.
    02-16-10 03:51 AM
    Thanks. We'll see what happens tomorrow

02-16-10 03:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD