Hey all,

Starting to get real pissed off now. I can never seem to fully restore my BBM contacts when switching from 1 9780 to another.

I have used, Desktop Manager backup, Desktop Manager Device Switch, Media Card Backup, and also E-mail backup which crashed.

It is so frustrating because I have 250 BBM contacts and when I do the swap, my contact list shows up but if I try to message someone i get "<Insert Name Here> does not have you on their contact list. <Re-invite> <Delete>"

Where am I going wrong here?
    12-16-10 01:24 AM
    ive had that happen before. lets say you are friends with "Jill" on BBM. at some point, you havent talked to Jill in awhile. she either switches devices, or gets rid of her blackberry but forgets to readd you or let you know. she will still show up on your BBM list, especially if you reload backups. ive had this happen when im sending broadcast messages to everyone. some kick back asking me to re-invite. these are usually those circumstances. just double check with those contacts and verify they still have a BB.
    12-16-10 09:14 PM
    ive had that happen before. lets say you are friends with "Jill" on BBM. at some point, you havent talked to Jill in awhile. she either switches devices, or gets rid of her blackberry but forgets to readd you or let you know. she will still show up on your BBM list, especially if you reload backups. ive had this happen when im sending broadcast messages to everyone. some kick back asking me to re-invite. these are usually those circumstances. just double check with those contacts and verify they still have a BB.
    Thanks for the response. Unfortunately ALL contacts this happens to, it's like it doesn't register server side i didn't swap phones.

Anyone else?
    12-16-10 09:35 PM
    I have successfully swapped contacts before but the last time it didn't work at all. Like you, I backed it up in multiple ways but none worked when I tried to restore them. Really annoying!
    12-18-10 05:20 PM
    Yes bbm contacts do not update your new pin in recipients address book.
    08-20-11 03:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD