Hi,

I am going to get my BB replaced tomorrow, but something I want to know how to do is - how do I keep all my BBM contacts when I transfer to the new device?

I remember when I got my Torch 9800 when I upgraded from the Tour, I did something and the contacts appeared and I didn't have to re-invite anyone! But when I got my Bold 9900, I signed in and then the list appeared but I had to re-invite everyone but it didn't work for everyone or worked a few days later?

I want to be able to switch but have no affect on the contacts I have. I've got over 90 and it's taken a lot to get them all back! I don't want to loose them again.

Thank you.
    12-18-11 11:21 AM
    Use device switch in Desktop Manager. Works well. Should be a smooth transition.
    12-18-11 01:16 PM
    Use device switch in desktop manager. They won't even notice you changed your device
    12-18-11 01:19 PM
    You can also backup your BBM contacts from within BBM.

http://www.allaboutmybb.com/2010/11/...-contacts.html

Mark
    @allaboutmybb
    www.allaboutmybb.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-11 01:47 PM
    I've backed up my contacts via BBM on the micro sd card and remotely. When I get my new device, I'll set up my email first and then set up BBM. I will just restore using the backup from the micro sd card or email? Will this have no affect on my contacts?

Thank you!
    12-18-11 04:38 PM
    Use device switch in Desktop Manager. Works well. Should be a smooth transition.
    how do you do that desktop manager thing? is it bluetooth?
    02-28-13 03:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD