So I've more than 2 years of experience switching many BBs and I've never encountered this new problem until yesterday.

I helped my brother switch device from 9530 Storm to 9800 Torch, all was fine except BBM Groups not transferred, and most importantly new Pin not updated automatically to all the contacts.

2nd switch was for my sister from 9700 to 9780 on the same night. Same thing happen. My BB still showing their old pin and not updated to new pin as usual.

I have also tried using Mac new DM, Windows new DM, and also 5.0.1 DM that used to work fine.

What's the problem?
    01-09-11 12:02 AM
    BBM has been having issues updating the info as well as pictures. I had a similar issue with a friends BB. I waited about 2 days and it was updated on my end. At this point its a waiting game for RIM to fix the issue
    01-09-11 12:35 AM
    RIM server back to normal yet? I'm thinking of switching another BB if this is back to working.
    01-19-11 05:06 AM
    How many threads does there need to be on this?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f152/an...pdated-577213/
    01-19-11 06:00 AM
    Can anyone shed some light on this.

I recently bought a 9780, but backed up my 9800 before switching over. I restored the 9780 with the ipd file from the 9800. Everything transferred over except my bbm contacts and groups didn't sync properly. As mentioned earlier, I'd rather not have to go through each contact and add them 1 by 1.

How To Switch To A New Blackberry » Blackberry, Messenger, This, Indonesia, Restore, Bobby » Blackberry Playbook Tips

I read this article too and it quotes "Yουr PIN wіll change bυt уουr contacts wіll bе automatically tοld bу Research іn Motion (RIM) wіth уουr nеw PIN life updated tο thеіr device without thеm even realizing уου hаνе switched tο a nеw Blackberry device!"

This didn't work this time, but for the other times devices I've done this with, everything worked. Also, I've been trying to restore the bbm list with my e-mail account as I previously have done before. But that isn't working either.
    01-28-11 01:29 AM
    This is affecting me when switching os and when switching devices....this never used to be an issue.

It sucks

Fix it rim!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-11 12:26 AM
    This is affecting me when switching os and when switching devices....this never used to be an issue.

It sucks

Fix it rim!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-11 12:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD