im considering giving my 9700 a try again now that i have OS 6 on it and am trying to diagnose a trackpad issue. both phones are perfectly mirrored in terms of contacts, profiles/ringtones, settings, email accounts, BBM lists etc. my main question is this. if i want BBM to work correctly (PIN updates to existing contacts) do i have to use Device Switch Wizard everytime i want to swap devices or can i just swap in the SIM card and register on the network? i dont want to have my BBM contacts unable to reach me or have to re-add me everytime i swap. when i first got my Torch last week, i did the DSW from my 9700 and eveything worked correctly.
    11-03-10 10:21 PM
    There is remote backup build in now.

Go to options in bbm and choose restore.

I have never done it. Let me know if it works.
    11-04-10 01:50 AM
    im aware of that, but i dont think other people will be updated with the PIN change unless switch wizard is used.
    11-04-10 02:19 AM
    im sure someone here swaps devices sometimes and knows if the PIN updates for BBM work without device switch wizard.
    11-04-10 07:50 PM
    Both of my devices are essentially mirrored. Whenever I switch from one to
    the other the network automatically registers the device. Because I have all my
    contacts and BBM contacts on both phones there is nothing I need to do beyond
    that.

No re-adding, no informing anyone. Nothing. Works very well.
    11-04-10 08:23 PM
    Both of my devices are essentially mirrored. Whenever I switch from one to
    the other the network automatically registers the device. Because I have all my
    contacts and BBM contacts on both phones there is nothing I need to do beyond
    that.

No re-adding, no informing anyone. Nothing. Works very well.
    exactly the answer i was looking for. i was just worried about the PIN updates not reflecting on other peoples devices. that pretty much confirms what i was hoping for. thanks buddy!!
    11-04-10 08:33 PM
    Mine always appear to restore my contact list but as soon as I start a convo it asks me to re-add that person (and vice versa on their end)
    11-06-10 07:01 AM
    Mine always appear to restore my contact list but as soon as I start a convo it asks me to re-add that person (and vice versa on their end)
    Exactly the problem I've experienced too.
    11-06-10 03:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD